New Indian at Gleadless Townend

Has anyone tried the new Indian at Gleadless Townend? It's called Chutney.

Ive heard conflicting reports, one saying it was fantastic and one saying it was shockingly bad......

You takes ya chance !!

Terrible!!!

Had a table booked for 8.30 - didnt get seated till around 9.10. While we were (stood) waiting we were asked if we wanted a drink - only after the manager asked us again some 20 mins later d.id they arrive.

We were told off by the waiter when one of our party dared to try and order his sides at the same time as his main course.

Prawn puree - the pastry was undercooked and in places was almost raw - the prawns were overcooked and like pellets.

The butter chicken was was more like pre-packed tikka chicken in a milk pudding sauce - quite the most vile thing I've ever tasted.

From the friends that were with us only one enjoyed their main course.

We didnt have another drink - no one bothered to ask us and by then we couldnt wait to get out.

We were asked by the manager how it was but he just didnt want to know ...

All of us were ill the next day

Terrible!!!

Had a table booked for 8.30 - didnt get seated till around 9.10. While we were (stood) waiting we were asked if we wanted a drink - only after the manager asked us again some 20 mins later d.id they arrive.

We were told off by the waiter when one of our party dared to try and order his sides at the same time as his main course.

Prawn puree - the pastry was undercooked and in places was almost raw - the prawns were overcooked and like pellets.

The butter chicken was was more like pre-packed tikka chicken in a milk pudding sauce - quite the most vile thing I've ever tasted.

From the friends that were with us only one enjoyed their main course.

We didnt have another drink - no one bothered to ask us and by then we couldnt wait to get out.

We were asked by the manager how it was but he just didnt want to know ...

All of us were ill the next day

Did you have a dehli belly?.

Apart from that was the drink ok?.

live near all 3 round here-iceland £1.50 curries far better,honest!!

i love a good curry i tryed these and it was bland very bland ! i still like shimmal at meadowhead.

interesting, i've had 3 takeaways and thought it was fantastic. everyone i know thinks the same!

We had a takeaway from here a couple of weeks ago and ended up throwing it away. We had onion bhaji starters which were nice. The curry's we ordered were very bland, with the pasander being mostly cream and sugar. The chips were foul also. We thought we'd give it a go but have now gone back to good old Curry Tonight!!

you cant beat Amraj at Crystal Peaks

Small portions, over priced average fodder.

ordered a few times and its nothing to shout about , its very bland and also the same order from rubeez is eight pound cheaper. But stopped ordering from rubeez because they took ages to deliver, once it was two and a half hour and last time we tried it they still had not delivered after a hour and half so we cancelled it ,got a load of abuse and was told it had been sent out . we ordered from else where and had eaten the meal when rubeez arrived we refused it told them we had cancelled and eaten and it was (after checking order time on mobile) three hours thirty minutes from time we originally orderd.Chutney is very over priced and a few of the curries all taste the same.

Was going to try this last sat but glad i didnt , thinking about a meal this satday instead but ill go to little india if so as i have never had a bad meal in there and delivery has also been good everytime for me , so stick to what you know best until i see better reports about chutney ?