New Indian at Gleadless Townend

Was going to try this last sat but glad i didnt , thinking about a meal this satday instead but ill go to little india if so as i have never had a bad meal in there and delivery has also been good everytime for me , so stick to what you know best until i see better reports about chutney ?

I've heard lots of good reports about Chutney but you tend to find lots of people dont tell people about things unless they have something to whinge about. Also the people I know who recommend aren't users on here as far as I know. I'd say give it a try and form your own opinion, I've had takeaways from there twice I, once my mate who knows is curries was with me and said it was ok no worse than Aagrah but nothing to shout about.

went to little india last night , it has just been re decorated and new seats, the place was spotless and clean, and the waiters in very smart shirt and ties. we have been going for five years and every time it is very good the phone rang 6 times for takeaways with them all sounding like regulars, as the waiters kept saying yes we have been before what i like about it is they are not pushing for drinks every five minutes, and they give you time to look at the menu, and they do not rush you, we like to go sunday or week days as saturdays get very busy so its 10 out of ten for this restaurant for us.

I Agree AMRAJ takes some beating. great curries great service.

went to little india last night , it has just been re decorated and new seats, the place was spotless and clean, and the waiters in very smart shirt and ties. we have been going for five years and every time it is very good the phone rang 6 times for takeaways with them all sounding like regulars, as the waiters kept saying yes we have been before what i like about it is they are not pushing for drinks every five minutes, and they give you time to look at the menu, and they do not rush you, we like to go sunday or week days as saturdays get very busy so its 10 out of ten for this restaurant for us.

perhaps they should sort the hygiene out in the kitchen before the front of house, because 0 out of 5 stars for hygiene is as low as you can get http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/sheffield/57622/licensed-cafe-restaurant-etc/little-india-balti-house

rubeez 1 out of 5http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/sheffield/58236/prepared-take-away-meals/rubeez

im sorry but you wouldnt catch me eating at any of these places

Edited by sheffgrow

you cant beat Amraj at Crystal Peaks

The orginal Amraj in the Peaks was good, but the new one is crap! Overpriced microwaved rubbish. I question the hygeine too? The waiter tried to move our table and it was stuck to the tiled floor with brown gunge, yuk!!

perhaps they should sort the hygiene out in the kitchen before the front of house, because 0 out of 5 stars for hygiene is as low as you can get http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/sheffield/57622/licensed-cafe-restaurant-etc/little-india-balti-house

rubeez 1 out of 5http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/sheffield/58236/prepared-take-away-meals/rubeez

im sorry but you wouldnt catch me eating at any of these places

I agree - the scores on the doors service is very good and definitely makes you think twice about where you eat. I too was gobsmacked at the hygiene compliance and haven't ordered since I saw it.

Anyway - going to give Chutney's a try tonight and let you all know!!

Just tried it for the first time and I'm giving it a massive :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice guy answered the phone, told me the meal would be about 45 minutes and give or take a minute or two, he was right! It was also delivered by another nice chap.

The order was first of all - correct (I'm so used to deliveries having something missing or wrong!) and the meal was absolutely gorgeous. You could tell the food was fresh - again, seem to have got used to cardboard naan breads!

The other bit that is important to me is the temperature of it and it was piping hot despite it being a home delivery.

So - in my opinion it was gorgeous. The only thing that would be the icing on the cake would be for the scores on the doors people to review it.

Off for a lay down now! :hihi:

Been tonight food excellent service excellent i can totally recommend this restaurant

I tried out a new restaurant last night called Aizahs on Worksop Road not far from Don Valley stadium. Food and service excellent. Highly recommended!

It was quite reasonable and not as expensive as some of the places I have been to where service and food hasn't been up to scratch.