Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

You have forgotten I ride a Harley with Screaming Eagle pipes.

Are you saying they`re loud ? Annoying other people and even waking them up ? Well change them then, or accept you`re, let`s face it, a bit selfish.

I had Screaming Eagle pipes fitted to my Harley ... perfectly legal, although a bit (very) on the loud side over a few thousand revs. The trick being not to give much throttle near places where friends live (and their car alarms) ;)

Are you saying they`re loud ? Annoying other people and even waking them up ? Well change them then, or accept you`re, let`s face it, a bit selfish.

No, I will not.

What happened to the days when people got pulled over for noisy vehicles?

The Rozzers check the tint on windows, the emissions and even what is in the ashtrays of vehicles but they don't seem to care less about the racket that loud vehicles make (at any time) to the poor devils who live close to a main route.

Also, RE: Motorbikes, I love them, but if your bike is so good, why does it have to be noisy, afterall the factory fitted exhaust probably cost a horrendous amount to research, and then some back street "chopper squad" make one that makes more noise+costs you yet more money and you buy it?

What's all that about then?

What happened to the days when people got pulled over for noisy vehicles?

The Rozzers check the tint on windows, the emissions and even what is in the ashtrays of vehicles but they don't seem to care less about the racket that loud vehicles make (at any time) to the poor devils who live close to a main route.

Also, RE: Motorbikes, I love them, but if your bike is so good, why does it have to be noisy, afterall the factory fitted exhaust probably cost a horrendous amount to research, and then some back street "chopper squad" make one that makes more noise+costs you yet more money and you buy it?

What's all that about then?

Screaming Eagles are designed for Harley. When fitted the engine is remapped and a freer flowing filter fitted.

No back street chopper squad, believe me.

P.s I think the police have more on their plate than loud vehicles and isn't emissions down to DoT?

Edited by monkey104

Screaming Eagles are designed for Harley. When fitted the engine is remapped and a freer flowing filter fitted.

No back street chopper squad, believe me.

Really?

I guess people who have to listen to it will appreciate that fact then.

I had Screaming Eagle pipes fitted to my Harley ... perfectly legal, although a bit (very) on the loud side over a few thousand revs. The trick being not to give much throttle near places where friends live (and their car alarms) ;)

It's either <97dB, or it's illegal and would fail it's MOT (and is thus also selfish).

No, I will not.

I see what you did there ;)

Really?

I guess people who have to listen to it will appreciate that fact then.

I should think so, they cost me a lot of money:)

Why only friends ? Have you no thought for anyone else ? Isn`t that, err, selfish ?

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 14:14 ----------

No, I will not.

What, you won`t change them ? Or you won`t accept you`re selfish ? You cannot have it both ways, only wives (when arguing with their husbands) can have it both ways.

Edited by Justin Smith

Has anyone else lost sleep due to a ridiculously loud bike driving round Hillsborough in the middle of the night all weekend?

Me and my husband have been woken every night since Friday by a bike going up our road (Taplin Road) at some ridiculous hour in the middle of the night!!

It is really not fair been woken up for the last 3 nights by this, it is so loud :mad:

---------- Post added 11-10-2016 at 10:12 ----------

was woken up again last night by this bike aghhhhhhh!!!

I totally agree, the inconsiderate sod, ridiculous o'clock in the morning or middle of the night, people who don't have to be up early for work might not be bothered but when it's constant, you know it's coming as it does every night now, he must live round here. I personally don't care what anyone does, it's not as if it's my business but when it affect's other's that's a different matter, I'm sick an tired of being woken up by this scooter in the small hour's revving it up every two minutes, going up an down the same roads just to be sure he's woke everyone up! I've heard/seen it go up ben lane, far lane, hallowmoor, that field at top with playing field's where those flat's are, around the back of them new flat's opposite Wisewood junior, (I did suspect at one point he must live there as I have seen him emerge from round the back several times), he can do what he want's as far as I'm concerned but in the middle of the night show some blooming respect, us that he keep's awake all night are probably those paying for the priviledge of having the flipping scooter anyway!