Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

It may have been the white Lamborghini cruising the streets of Sheffield in the early hours. Outside Tinsley Green for a few hours today for a wedding or something.

My car is yellow :rant:

Well the good news is that ultra loud bike no longer commutes across N Sheffield at 5.30AM.... Or if he does he`s got a quieter bike, thank God.

The bad news is there are still loads of noisy ignorants about, just the other day I was awoken at 1.30 in the bleedin` morning by some imbecile on a deafeningly loud bike. I have to say I`m really really interested in what goes through their minds as they ride down quiet deserted streets with everyone in bed and they know their exhaust is so loud they can feel it as it bounces off the houses. Have they got any sense of other people at all or are do they all have personality disorders ?

The driver may not know how loud the bike is. So many people have damaged their hearing by using ear phones to listen at dangerously high sound levels. I no longer go to the cinema because I find the noise level painful. The levels tolerated in public indoor areas are far greater than they used to be.

If you're not complaining about a family having a gathering for noise - you're complaining about a commuter to work on their chosen vehicle!

Get a life. At least this person is contributing to society.

I suggest invest in ear plugs, or thicker windows.

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 21:14 ----------

quads are coooooool

If you're not complaining about a family having a gathering for noise - you're complaining about a commuter to work on their chosen vehicle!

Get a life. At least this person is contributing to society.

I suggest invest in ear plugs, or thicker windows.

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 21:14 ----------

quads are coooooool

Sorry, I think there must be a breakdown in communication here.

We have someone on an unsilenced bike (or in a loud car come to that) waking people up or just generally shattering the peace, and you`re saying he`s not ignorant ? Just exactly which definition of ignorant are you using ?

I tell you I hate those bleedin` ignorant gits so much I would pay out of my own back pocket to have them prosecuted, and I`m serious.

And I don`t hate bikes, I had bikes for years, it`s loud bikes I hate.

Get a life.
If I understand it correctly you`re saying anyone can do what they want and if anyone else complains they should get a life. Is that how these ignorants really think ? They`re right and everyone else is wrong even if they`re actually breaking the law !

I think you`ll find that`s the definition of a personality disorder.

Edited by Justin Smith

How can you prove it's illegal?

Can you provide the engine's dB to prove it's illegal?

Do something about it tomorrow morning, collar the bloke on the bike?

There is nothing you can do other than whine on here because you have no leg to stand on. The police enforce the law, not some snotty nose forum members.

3 years after the OP? I wonder if it's still happening.

How can you prove it's illegal?

Can you provide the engine's dB to prove it's illegal?

Do something about it tomorrow morning, collar the bloke on the bike?

There is nothing you can do other than whine on here because you have no leg to stand on. The police enforce the law, not some snotty nose forum members.

There are 2 separate points here.

1 Is it illegal ?

Well I`ve been told it is and some police forces do employ noise meters to prosecute the offending vehicle owners. I`d be amazed if those exhausts are legal, and if the are they certainly shouldn`t be.

2 Is it anti social to have an exhaust so loud it`s deafening and wakes people up ?

To be quite frank I`d have thought the answer was obvious. If anyone seriously thinks it`s fine to have an exhaust so loud it wakes people up in the middle of the night they want to take a long look at themselves.......

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 09:25 ----------

3 years after the OP? I wonder if it's still happening.

The chap who was the catalyst for this thread has stoppped his anti social riding, he`s either bought a quieter vehicle or got a job elsewhere and changed his commute. If he hadn`t I may well of got up at some unearthly hour to get his reg and report him to the police. I really don`t think there`d be any other course of action but I do actually think the police would have done something about a complaint concerning a specific vehicle. Getting the police involved would have been unfortunate but even if you could stop him and talk to him I think it highly doubtful he`d say "Oh yes, sorry mate, I`ll change the exhaust when I get home"......

Unfortunately he isn`t the only offender in this regard.

Edited by Justin Smith

There are 2 separate points here.

1 Is it illegal ?

Well I`ve been told it is and some police forces do employ noise meters to prosecute the offending vehicle owners.

---------- Post added 06-09-2013 at 09:25 ----------

[/color]

The chap who was the catalyst for this thread has stoppped his anti social riding, he`s either bought a quieter vehicle or got a job elsewhere and changed his commute. If he hadn`t I may well of got up at some unearthly hour to get his reg and report him to the police. I really don`t think there`d be any other course of action but I do actually think the police would have done something about a complaint concerning a specific vehicle. Getting the police involved would have been unfortunate but even if you could stop him and talk to him I think it highly doubtful he`d say "Oh yes, sorry mate, I`ll change the exhaust when I get home"......

Unfortunately he isn`t the only offender in this regard.

Yes, you are correct. The police do have a device that records noise from the exhaust. But do YOU?

I am done with this conversation. You cannot stop the biker for having a loud engined bike unless you have might of the law behind you. and you clearly don't. I'm not disputing that the rider is being uncourteous by waking you up in the morning but the fact that you think talking on this forum will solve your issue is amusing to me

Contact the local station and ask for advice, what's the worse that could happen?

I hope this issue get's sorted for you

Yes, you are correct. The police do have a device that records noise from the exhaust. But do YOU?

I am done with this conversation. You cannot stop the biker for having a loud engined bike unless you have might of the law behind you. and you clearly don't. I'm not disputing that the rider is being uncourteous by waking you up in the morning but the fact that you think talking on this forum will solve your issue is amusing to me

Contact the local station and ask for advice, what's the worse that could happen?

I hope this issue get's sorted for you

I think that`s a pretty reasonable post old son.

I think the reason many people write on forums is to get things off their chests, but sometimes people do actually come up with advice which is helpful. What was particularly interesting about this thread (at the start) was it tracked the commute of our loud biker, I found that quite interesting !

one drives thro woodhouse to manor top,and the house shakes, it s just as if its going to blow up we can all live in hope.