Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

At any other time of day you probably wouldn't notice it over the din of everyday traffic noise.John X

This guy can be heard way above traffic noise. We can hear him at the top of Stannington. Why? What purpose does it serve for areas in the North of Sheffield to be able to hear his blasted bike? The guy's an egoist and a nuisance and I dread the day when someone takes the matter into their own hands.

Sheffield Telegraph ( 1 Sept 11, page 18 )

"A retired Sheffield dentist was killed in a riding accident when her horse was spooked by a noisy motorbike".

A witness to the incident commented "the exhaust definitely didn`t sound legal".

"Nigel Anderson, the Deputy North Derbyshire Coroner, recommended that police make regular checks on noisy motorbikes"

So, it`s official, not only are noisy motorcyclists bleedin` ignorant and anti social, but they kill people as well, or at least contribute to deaths.

The thing is, we know that the police don`t actually make regular checks on noisy motorbikes, so PC Plod should start doing his job right, and get the ignorants off the road..

Edited by Justin Smith

So, it`s official, not only are noisy motorcyclists bleedin` ignorant and anti social, but they kill people as well, or at least contribute to deaths.

Up this way there seems to be a lot of shotguns fired at this time of year. So if a shotgun blast spooked a horse and the rider died would you be calling for the police to insist all shotguns are fitted with silencers?

And what about all the lives that have been saved by loud exhausts on motorcycles?

John X

Oh yes, he is back!! He's been waking me each morning in Oughtibridge!

He's never been away...I think he just got a new exhaust or even a new bike....I live right by Middlewood Road...and often hear and SEE him go past at 5.45...doesn't bother me one bit....I rather look forward to hearing him.

Is he on Sheffield Forum by the way???

Given that this rider seems to be very regular in his habits - has anyone thought to bring him to the attention of the police?

I think if they saw this thread they might think it worth taking a punt on catching him and having a word about that exhaust.

I live close to Eccllesall rd and i get from police ambukances the lot.

and having a word about that exhaust.

Which is about all they can do.

Since the last change in the MOT regs, the loudness or not of an exhaust system is not measured, but determined by the opinion of the tester at the time. There is also no longer a requirement for a BS number to be stamped on the pipe although 'For race use only' may lead to a failure.

If the 5.45 guy or girl has a current MOT certificate, the police may prosecute for a 'loud exhaust' but it is unlikely to succeed.

John X

Up this way there seems to be a lot of shotguns fired at this time of year. So if a shotgun blast spooked a horse and the rider died would you be calling for the police to insist all shotguns are fitted with silencers?

And what about all the lives that have been saved by loud exhausts on motorcycles?

John X

No motorcyclists lives are saved by noisy exhausts. It`s theoretically possible that some pedestrians lives may be saved, but I wouldn`t have thought that many pedestrians are killed by motor bikes anyway.

The things that kill motorcyclists are :

1 The bike being driven too fast.

2 Car drivers (who can`t hear the exhaust that much anyway, they`ve usually got their windows wound up and the stereo on).

The people who can hear ignorants on their illegally loud motorbikes, are innocent pedestrians, and people in their houses (particularly those without double glazing, or in the summer), who are simply trying to get some peace and quiet.

And anyway, if you`re correct (which you aren`t but let`s stick with it for the sake of the argument) that motorbikes can only be made safe by being ear splittingly loud, then they should be banned. That`s the logical conclusion of your own argument.

Edited by Justin Smith

A poem for Justin,

Here he is laying in his bed thinking bikers like us would be better off dead,

but brainwashed by society keeps living his lie,wishing he could be like i,

if he were to say "give up this life or with your life you will pay"

i would answer and my words would be few ****k You....

Like all forums good points and not so good.

Up this way there seems to be a lot of shotguns fired at this time of year.

the shotgun blast at around tea time is the sign that the drugs have been delivered and it's all clear :hihi: sounds like a nice area

Post ought to have been named, much to do about nothing.

Shotgun fire at this time of year, after August 12, game season starts.

Regards.

Angel.

Well, he`s still doing it. Whenever I`m dozing in bed at just before six in the morning I still hear that loud bike shattering the peace. He really does think about other people`s peace and quiet doesn`t he, not. To be fair I don`t think he thrashes it like he used to do, but even so, turn it down old son, nobody appreciates it.

Actually, I was walking home tonight and this bike went past which was absolutely ear shatteringly loud. It really does show how people can be soooo different. It amazes me that these selfish *s manage to make such a racket and not feel guilty about it.

Incidentally, I was talking to the duty editor at the Daily Telegraph the other day, they might be interested in doing a story about how the police hardly ever prosecute these ignorants. We`ll see what happens.

* What suitably emotive word can I use here.........

Youa re lucky to be in bed-lad on bike is racing to work to run an esential service.Someone once complained about being woke up by binmen and sounded like Lord Snooty or Lady Muck