Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

Has anyone else had the misfortune to be woken up by a very loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough in the early mornimg ?

He passes the Hillsborough football ground area at about 5.45AM and freqently wakes me up.

Not only is his wretched exhaust far far too loud but he rides it like he`s at the TT thrashing it like you`ve never known. I wonder how many hundreds, or even thosands, of people curse him every morning.......

Obviously the guy is a totally ignorant git, but why is there no law to protect us from these imbeciles ? I checked with the garage that does my MOT and they said that other than for a blowing exhaust there`s no requirement in the MOT for a vehicle to be adequately silenced.

That sounds (pun intended) like a law that`s crying out to be passed.

Actually, I do know about bikes, and "loud pipes save lives" is b******s......

I feel, just to make my attitude to motorbikes clear, it is worthwhile including this quote of mine from another thread :

I don`t have anything against motorbikes, particularly as I`m an ex biker. They take up less road space, use less fuel, theoretically would emit less pollution (unless modified.....) and only very rarely kill (other) people. No, I like motorbikes, that`s quiet motorbikes obviously. Noisy bikes, that`s a completely different ball game, selfish gits.
Edited by Justin Smith
"Loud pipes save lives" is b******s.

Meh, they're everywhere. Most amusingly up by me is a massive fat bloke on a 125 who I hear every morning, Can almost set my clock by him :)

Is it definitely a motorbike because I have seen some on a quad bike on Penistone Rd a couple of times recently and that was unbelievably loud.

Edited by Paddy

It's in here somewhere - Construction and use regs section 5 onwards I think. Can anyone translate this into English?? :hihi::huh:

Fails MOT if too loud.

So what noisy bikers do is change the exhaust for a loud one after the MOT.

I see a guy and sometimes his mate every morning on west street and then heading down to Division Street on quads. They are stupidly loud. Really annoys me. There must be a law against it. :rant:

I hate quads - they drive me mad. But you can't expect somebody to buy a quieter vehicle just to please everyone else?

you can't expect somebody to buy a quieter vehicle just to please everyone else?

Err, why not ?

Why should people have to put up with unpleasantly loud, even painfully loud bikes or cars ?

Then there`s people actually losing sleep because of these selfish gits.

Totally, totally, totally selfish.

There really should be a law against it and if there is and it isn`t enforced then someone should do something about it.

I hate quads - they drive me mad. But you can't expect somebody to buy a quieter vehicle just to please everyone else?

Not buy a whole new vehicle, no, but isn't there some modification they could use to make it a bit quieter? It's very unpleasant, especially at silly hours.

Not buy a whole new vehicle, no, but isn't there some modification they could use to make it a bit quieter? It's very unpleasant, especially at silly hours.

That`s just the thing, most of these offensively loud bikes and cars have had louder aftermarket exhausts put on deliberately !

I know it`s hard to believe there are people that selfish out there, actually, on reflection, it`s quite easy to believe.......

That`s just the thing, most of these offensively loud bikes and cars have had louder aftermarket exhausts put on deliberately !

I know it`s hard to believe there are people that selfish out there, actually, on reflection, it`s quite easy to believe.......

What about scooters? They're noisy but they're also very cheap to run and to insure. You can't expect someone to buy a car/motorbike and pay so much more just to keep a few people happy.

Yep this inconsiderate delusioned biker wakes me up quite often. One morning I'll be down there to get his reg details.