Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

Loud pipes save lives!

I think speeding will kill him first!

Can't be as bad as the Doves on our roof ridge cooing away incessantly from 4:30 in the morning, or the **** Pheasant in the field across the lane shrieking at some imaginary rival, or the Blackbird in the garden who thinks it has seen a cat or a hawk or whatever...

At least a noisy bike is gone in a few seconds. :rolleyes:

Yeah, after it`s woken you up......

The point is that there are certain sources of noise which people, or animals, can`t help.

For instance nobody like the racket that a neighbour`s lawnmower makes, but they`re not deliberately being loud, it`s an unavoidable side effect. The fact these (what word am I allowed to use to apply emphasis here ? ) "people" deliberately make their cars/bikes louder for no good reason is (what word am I allowed to use to apply emphasis here ? ) ignorant, plain and simple.

Has anyone else had the misfortune to be woken up by a very loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough in the early mornimg ?

He passes the Hillsborough football ground area at about 5.45AM and freqently wakes me up.

Not only is his wretched exhaust far far too loud but he rides it like he`s at the TT thrashing it like you`ve never known. I wonder how many hundreds, or even thosands, of people curse him every morning.......

Obviously the guy is a totally ignorant <removed>, but why is there no law to protect us from these imbeciles ? I checked with the garage that does my MOT and they said that other than for a blowing exhaust there`s no requirement in the MOT for a vehicle to be adequately silenced.

That sounds (pun intended) like a law that`s crying out to be passed.

I hear this . Very annoying.

to be honest im not a fan of the loud exhausts but if thats what they want to do leave them be its not really a massive inconvenience and if you ban one thing it will set the ball rolling and before you know it we will be driving those god awful toyota hybrids. oh and its not just for the noise quite often people fit them for performance.

I hate it.

I know many other people who hate it.

They don`t have make their bikes/cars that loud.

People have a right to as much peace and quiet as living in a city allows.

It`s a well established principle.

to be honest im not a fan of the loud exhausts but if thats what they want to do leave them be its not really a massive inconvenience and if you ban one thing it will set the ball rolling and before you know it we will be driving those god awful toyota hybrids.
It is a massive inconvenience to a lot of people. Perhaps because of the time of day this chump sees fit to roar through the city.

And they are banned.

I wonder if it's the same knuckle dragger who I hear everymorning at 0530 in stocksbridge , it's a blue and White coloured bike , must be something council can do , "noise pollution "?

Is that 5.30 in the morning ?

If so, bearing in mind someone above hears it around 6.00AM in Wharnclffee Side, and in Hillsborough it`s just a bit later, than we may have reconstructed part of this ignorant`s commute.

Can anyone get his reg ? I`m so annoyed I`d report him to the police.

Anyone got any nails to leave on the road......

Only joking !

Well half joking anyway......

Edited by Justin Smith

Loud pipes save lives!

Rubbish. Most car drivers I see have their windows closed and the stereo on so it`d make no difference. And even if loud exhausts do reduce accidents (which they don`t) it`s not a price worth paying because it`s negatively affecting others, and when I last checked that was the definition of selfish. Quite apart from anything else the biggest effect on the danger of motor bikes, and I`ve had a few, is riding them more slowly and carefully, which in the case of this ignorant, he doesn`t do.

Edited by Justin Smith

I think speeding will kill him first!

Here`s hoping.

Only joking.

An accident that writes off his bike and hopefully teaches him a lesson would be more appropriate. I don`t know what it is about bikers who take so many risks, they must have no imagination.

It`s not the getting killed that should worry them.

It`s playing wheelchair basketball for the rest of their lives.......

Oh my god he they wake me every morning about 6 I live in Oughtibridge, I was only telling the neighbours about this last night. The only upside is that once he wakes me I look at my watch and realise I still have over an hour of sleep left

Ahh more evidence for the ignorant`s commute.....

Personally if I get woken up in the early hours I find it very difficult to get back to sleep, and if I do manage it I`m then in a deep sleep when my alarm goes off so, I feel even more tired than if I`d just have got up !

Loud noise like this is inconvenient, but it doesn't last - so I can cope with that. Anything that hangs around becomes more of an annoyance for me.

I can cope with loud noise that`s temporary (so long as it`s not at night time) without getting too upset, if it`s unavoidable.

But this noise is avoidable, the guy actually wants to make more noise just for the sake of it, and as such it (what word can I use here to apply emphasis ! ) winds me up.

Edited by Justin Smith

I have every sympathy for people who have their lives affected by other peoples actions but im afraid the ops posts on here have now gone a step too far in my opinion.

Im from a biking family and have an aftermarket exhaust but certainly dont consider myself selfish or other bikers who wish to improve the look and sound of their bikes although Im not under any elusion that some exhausts are a cause for concern.

Why havent you if you are so enraged by this bike reported it to the police or other authoritys instead of coming on here ranting but seemingly doing nothing about it.

The comments "anyone got any nails to leave on the road " and "here's hoping" that speeding will kill them first and here's hoping he will have an accident is well out of order. I agree that everyone is entitled to as much peace as the city will allow but im sorry you have gone way too far in your comments and im very suprised the moderators on here have allowed this thread to stay open after comments like this even with your "only joking" remarks after it.

The particular exhaust in question is way louder than any other anti-social after-market "I must have 3 extra horsepower and to hell with the validity of my insurance and noise regulations" exhaust I've ever heard. The rider must quite literally be deaf. And the speed at which he/she screams along the roads just makes it worse (and shows them up to be irresponsible, antisocial and selfish).

Edited by HotPhil