Meadowhall iPhone 4 Queue - Apple Store

Quite. The HTC G1 is nearly two years old and it still sells for around £80-100 on ebay. That's quite an expensive protective case (although maybe not if you're willing to spend £700+ on an iPhone...)

you do know there other ways of getting the phone dont you, I for example had a 3Gs which i sold last week for £250(no thanks to the wasters on here). I put that £250 towards the cost of a sim free Iphone 4 which cost me £499 i put my contract sim (which my provider had replaced with a micro sim version) into the iphone 4. yes i outlaid £250 cash for the phone but im on an existing contract which has 1 year left on it and in 1 year i will get a free upgrade to, yes you guessed it the next new iphone (for free) at which point i will sell my iphone 4 hopefully getting between £250 and £350 for it

every new phone is touted as the next iphone killer and is soon consigned to the history books as a under achieving wannabe

not before apple knocks $100 off of the price!!!!!!!!!!!

we are in deep recession but there was hunderds of people outside apple shop buying a £500 phone, economy cant be that bad

you put it on your credit card and NEVER pay it off.

@armchair_dog

Still, add it all up and it's very expensive. Compare your figures above to mine... £150 for phone, £10/month for all the calls and internet I need. That's all I've spent on phones since I bought my previous smartphone for £50 three years ago. My phone may not be as good as an iPhone but it does everything I need and it's fast. Android and iPhone are pretty much equal in terms of apps and functionality these days.

@himagain

I'm not picking on people, just commenting and giving my opinion. It's a forum after all. TBH I think the reason there seems to be a lot of anti-apple feeling on forums is because there's a lot of truth in the complaints people have against Apple, and yet some apple fans are seemingly blind to the problems.

There's no doubt that we wouldn't have the wide choice of smartphone options we have today without Apple pushing the technology forward though, so I'm actually very thankful that they've done so well.

i know what your saying bumpyroads, thats the main difference the contract, i need more minutes and texts so the plan im on is perfect for me and an iphone was an added bonus for me, i used to have a htc touch diamond and i got pig sick of it locking up and having to restart it all the time, then having to look through 3 layers of folders to find something, i have enough of doing that on my pc.

i sold last week for £250(no thanks to the wasters on here).

its not pepsi mad is it, he wanted me to deliver to sheffield, i waited 10 minutes then phone him he then wanted me to drive to pitts moor, :loopy:

If you cant afford it dont buy it, why mess people around, do you get a kick out of it

Edited by victoria22

Whats is your mental age? dont you have a hobby? looks like you be working in retail for a long long time:hihi:

I don't work in retail...you obviously don't get the analogy between lambs being led to the slaughter and stupid people cueing up for hours to spend £500 on a phone that surprise surprise doesn't work right.

so take your inaccurate assumption and shove them up your *ahem*

I don't work in retail...you obviously don't get the analogy between lambs being led to the slaughter and stupid people cueing up for hours to spend £500 on a phone that surprise surprise doesn't work right.

so take your inaccurate assumption and shove them up your *ahem*

can i ask who your calling stupid? if your child wanted a certain toy for xmas and you only knew of one time and place that had it..would you not que for it no matter what? the fact is people like gadgets and apple are bringing the best ones out right now 77% of the iphone 4 sales where to people who already owned an iphone, i dont know anyone who's owned an iphone and then gone back to using another phone. And the bit about it not working mine and the wifes both work perfectly, no loss of signal at all

So you are one of those dumb fat security people walking around :hihi: what a exciting life you must have
or one of them that cleans up peoples left over food in the oasis

just thought about it...technically we were the first people in sheffield, maybe yorshire to own an iphone 4... ;)

I was there since midnight the day before and we saw the people who went in first and im sure you wasnt one of them ;) strange..

, i dont know anyone who's owned an iphone and then gone back to using another phone. And the bit about it not working mine and the wifes both work perfectly, no loss of signal at all

Have to agree. Everyone I know who has an Iphone loves it. I've been waiting for one with a decent camera, which is why I've now got the Iphone 4 but didn't get one of the previous ones.

And mine doesn't lose signal either.

thinking of getting one of the new i phones, i've heard of the problems but are they really all their made out to be?