Yummy Italian Food in Sheffield

Hello

Me and my fiance had a very bad experience in Vito's in Walkley a few nights ago. Hard pasta and raw Calamari...mmmmm... Can anyone recommend a lovely Italian place to eat in Sheffield? Ideally not a chain...and the more garlic the better...

Thanks!

Mamma Mia on Langsett Road.

Not a massive fan of Italian, would much rather have a curry, but ate at this place last month and the food was fantastic. All 4 of us who ate there rated it.

Not a massive place, but really friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Jim

BB's, Division Street. Fact.

used to go to BB's but not been in for a good while, glad to hear its still good and will have a wander down now you've got me thinking about it!!

Deffo La Terraazza on sharrow vale road, the food is devine

La Civetta and BBs. Picollo's is alright and is only a small chain (2 or 3 of them I think)

Vito's used to be practically nationally famous back when John and Roy (and think that was their names) used to run it.

Ahh thanks everyone...Vito's was just awful...never again!

Have wanted to go to BBs for ages, but can never get in, I suppose that's the sign of a good place to eat. Will definately try Mamma Mia too, Langsett Road is within walking distance of my new house too, bonus.

I used to love La Gondola (here), but i've only been once since the management changed so i can't pass the reputation on from the old times. I enjoyed it though, and i would return again happily.

How about Buca on Abbeydale Road (the Bragazzi restaurant) byo thurs to sunday

How about Buca on Abbeydale Road (the Bragazzi restaurant) byo thurs to sunday

How is that place going? Is it just open thurs to sun? What's the food like? Prices?

try k passa top of west st opposite swim inn

you wont be disappointed very nice food :)

I love La Gondala. I went in may for my birthday and it was still delicious, ever now the management has changed. They have altered the menu slightly but nothing too much. It's a beautiful little resturant and the best thing is that it's really inexpensive! 2 course meal for two people with drinks came to around £30. Bargain, esspecialy with food that great!