Are Gillette razors any better than disposable ones?

I've tried a few different disposables and the best I've found don't even come close to Gillette Venus Divine :love:. I don't like the new Venus Embrace though... think they went a bit too far with that one.

Why's no one invented the equivalent of immac for the face for us blokes to use instead of the mundane daily morning shave !

Why don't you try waxing?

...and can I watch? :D

Just gone back to wet shaving, getting sick of buying electrics only to find hey are utter rubbish.

Was thinking about it a while, and a few weeks back... well about 2 or 3 I was in tesco. Picked up a fusion England football edition razor with just one blade for only £2. and a 5 blade pack fro £4.99. Found it decent so far, and still using he blade that came with it.

I don't use Gillette products due to their history (and as far as I know there has been no change) of testing on animals.

swarfendor43

trust me, i do both face and head with gillette, disposables dont even come close. there is a very good reason why gillette blades are the most shoplifted item in the country.

And one of the most pirated items. If you think you are getting a bargain on eBay, you probably aren't.

I think the razor thing has jumped the shark though. As far as I can tell the Sensor (two blades) was about as good as a razor ever needed to be. More blades just makes them more expensive and speeds redundancy. I have two Sensor handles, but haven't seen blades for them for years, although you sometimes see Sensor Excel ones, which are the same thing with a silly bit of silicon rubber on.

I still buy the Sensor and Sensor Excel blades. They are still widely available. There is no difference in price, but I do remember reading that the quality of one type was significantly worse than the other since manufacture had been switched. I can't remember which, thus making my post a waste of time. :hihi:

I do have M3 and Fusion handles, but find the blades too wide to shave under my nose. It's quite funny to see the fusion blades sold with the extra single blade on the back for "precision shaving".

Also, did I miss a 4 blade razor or did they make the leap straight from 3 to 5 blades?

My stubble has always been very wirey, I've tried many different razors etc. Always found Wilkinson the best, regardless of how many blades.

I also think that the right gel or foam is important as well. Lab Series made by Aramis is expensive but lasts forever and prolongs the life of the blade, using this combo gives me the most comfortable shave I've ever had. :)

Also, did I miss a 4 blade razor or did they make the leap straight from 3 to 5 blades?

You missed the Quattro from Wilkinson Sword.

My stubble has always been very wirey, I've tried many different razors etc. Always found Wilkinson the best, regardless of how many blades.

I also think that the right gel or foam is important as well. Lab Series made by Aramis is expensive but lasts forever and prolongs the life of the blade, using this combo gives me the most comfortable shave I've ever had. :)

Lab Series is good, but I prefer the Zirh stuff for when I do shave, especially as I got two tubs on clearance from Boots for £3 each. http://www.mankind.co.uk/Zirh-Shave-Cream-Jar-250ml-PRODZRPS2/

Lab Series is good, but I prefer the Zirh stuff for when I do shave, especially as I got two tubs on clearance from Boots for £3 each. http://www.mankind.co.uk/Zirh-Shave-Cream-Jar-250ml-PRODZRPS2/

Cheers mate it sounded good, read the bumf. Aloe Vera, I think I must be the only person in the world to get a reaction from that stuff. Soddin' Andrex puppies, the hard little baskets !!! :hihi: :hihi: