England v Germany on Sunday

Hope Germany win i'm going on holiday there next week,we might not been seen again if they loseahaha

We trounced Germany 5-1 in a qualifier some years ago. I believe we also beat them in the European Championship group stage, but I forget which year. It may have been 2004.

To be fair. The current England squad aren't a patch on the peeps we had playing back then. I find myself wishing Beckham was a couple of years younger. At least he has the passion England seem to be missing in this cup.

God save our gracious Queen!

Long live our noble Queen!

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us,

God save the Queen.

Hope Germany win i'm going on holiday there next week,we might not been seen again if they loseahaha

Is that supposed to be funny? They'll hate you no matter what :thumbsup:

To be fair. The current England squad aren't a patch on the peeps we had playing back then. I find myself wishing Beckham was a couple of years younger. At least he has the passion England seem to be missing in this cup.

We also had Nick Barmby in that side! Of that team, all are still playing at the top level except Seaman, and all bar him and Barmby could've made the 23 this time but for injury (Ferdinand, Beckham, Owen, Hargreaves), going past their sell by date (Neville, Campbell) or not wanting to play (Scholes)... and we do have Rooney now... :)

England haven't got a prayer against a 'proper' team.
Did you think the same about Serbia?

The war has nothing to do with tomorrows match, anyone babbling about the war on here would do well to go and take a history lesson, because but for us being seperated from mainland Europe by the sea, and help from our allies we may well have all been speaking German.

There is also a lot to be admired about the German people since WW II the German economy has become the strongest in Europe and they still maintain a decent manufacturing base and export many goods, which sadly we do not, they are generally wealthier than us and their towns and cities are clean, they are of course a proud nation of people and no doubt have had a good laugh at our expense over the years.

Football wise, I really hope we hammer the Germans, we owe them big time, in tournaments since 1966 they have knocked us out several times and now is the time to change that.

COME ON ENGLAND

The war has nothing to do with tomorrows match, anyone babbling about the war on here would do well to go and take a history lesson, because but for us being seperated from mainland Europe by the sea, and help from our allies we may well have all been speaking German.

There is also a lot to be admired about the German people since WW II the German economy has become the strongest in Europe and they still maintain a decent manufacturing base and export many goods, which sadly we do not, they are generally wealthier than us and their towns and cities are clean, they are of course a proud nation of people and no doubt have had a good laugh at our expense over the years.

Football wise, I really hope we hammer the Germans, we owe them big time, in tournaments since 1966 they have knocked us out several times and now is the time to change that.

COME ON ENGLAND

A good post but I must spoil it somewhat by adding that the german language makes the Brummie accent sound rather charming.

An interesting stat, German has never won the World cup. Did that cheer anyone up, eh?

True yes. It was only West germany when they won. The GDR never won. Apparently they couldn't get the ball over the wall.

I always liked that old Two Ronnies joke about how the East German pole vaulting champion has just become the West German pole vaulting champion.:hihi:

Edited by slimsid2000

True yes. It was only West germany when they won. The GDR never won. Apparently they couldn't get the ball over the wall.

I always liked that old Two Ronnies joke about how the East German pole vaulting champion has just become the West German pole vaulting champion.:hihi:

They could get it over the wall, they just couldn't get it back again. So they couldn't practice much.

True yes. It was only West germany when they won.

There never was a country called "West Germany." That was just a nickname given to it by the English.

The western portion of the country became the Federal Republic of Germany

The eastern portion of the country became the German Democratic Republic

Unification 1990