On his way through Sheffield

On his way through SHEFFIELD and on to london with his band of SHEFFIELD warriors Sir Oliver Cromwell did say "And pray you may be Wrong". in other words don't be so stuffed up with your own sense of self importance never to consider YOU MAY BE WRONG comments anyone:rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S anyway today brought a fitting end

Yeah flyer, that was not long after he'd took the advice of one of his cohorts on crossing the river just below Stocksbridge, when he got wet through and said the immortal words 'There owt to be a bridge across here'.

I suppose the same cohort had advised him to go in a easterly direction (on reaching the Wicker).

Strange really, he was always not quite trusting in other peoples advice. I remember reading somewhere once, he said 'I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken'. Lord knows who he said it to, but it must've been damned serious.

I am prone to make up my own version of his quotes to suit my own purpose, What he said to the Bishops ,who could not only talk direct with God but could pass back Gods true words "And pray think you Gentalmen you may be wrong". Its just that now & then when i see power craze P.C mealy mouths i think of those words

" Will no one rid me of this turbulent expat " :hihi::hihi:

" Will no one rid me of this turbulent expat " :hihi::hihi:

Hang around just a little while longer I'm blind in one eye 76 and the rest of the body is in no great shape so cant be to much longer :love::love::love:

Hang around just a little while longer I'm blind in one eye 76 and the rest of the body is in no great shape so cant be to much longer :love::love::love:

Only joking flyer, but I know the feeling after nearly 40 yrs of silly shifts I'm starting to fall apart myself. Good old Firth Browns, Forgemasters etc. :help: :help: :help:

And now our great leaders are going to raise the retirment age. Just think if you belonged to a later generation you could still be working up to 70 or more. What it is really, they want you to die working so they don't have to pay you a pension.

And now our great leaders are going to raise the retirment age. Just think if you belonged to a later generation you could still be working up to 70 or more. What it is really, they want you to die working so they don't have to pay you a pension.

With the bottom droping out of the British pound my 15 yr (including army)pension is not worth walking over to the bank for,well maybe it buys me half a tank of gas with the aid of B.P oops there goes another couple of billion:mad::mad::mad:

That's easy whatever way you're facing walk in a straight line until you end up 1mm away from where you were originally standing.

So the furthest place away from where you are is also the nearest due to the earth being an sphere or an ellipse if you want to be technical about it.

That's easy whatever way you're facing walk in a straight line until you end up 1mm away from where you were originally standing.

So the furthest place away from where you are is also the nearest due to the earth being an sphere or an ellipse if you want to be technical about it.

Huh did you miss your thread or is this just way over my head:confused::confused::confused:

Consider the youth on the dole as a bunch of slaves trying to reclaim the retirement they shall never live to see!