Obsolete Myson Boiler parts - Help!

Evening

all you gas people out there - please help shed some light on this

Need a NLA Grommet / Diaphragm Grommet for a Myson Economist WM 30/40BF gC app number 4183882 GC part number 323 982. manufacturer code 68003108. its tiny rubber seal.

Where can I get one of these from - have tried all the recommended online suppliers and main local heat parts places.

Would fire cement suffice instead? i aint scrspaping a very good old but good boiler for the sake of a b~~~~y rubber bung costing mere pence.

cheers

Xgrifterx

Unfortunately, boiler is now obsolete and parts for that boiler are getting rare. Please don't use fire cement as over time it will shrink and fall out.

Sorry, cant give you advice on how to fix it as would be breaking gas regs but maybe now is the time to send it to boiler heaven. Pity this has happened after the boiler scrappage scheme

Unfortunately, boiler is now obsolete and parts for that boiler are getting rare. Please don't use fire cement as over time it will shrink and fall out.

Sorry, cant give you advice on how to fix it as would be breaking gas regs but maybe now is the time to send it to boiler heaven. Pity this has happened after the boiler scrappage scheme

Spot on......any engineer who 'bodges' any repair leaves themselves open to prosecution. It is unfortunate that such a 'little' thing could possibly leave your boiler unrepairable but gas regulations really are that strict.

If you do require a quote for a new boiler then please get in touch, good luck, cheers, Steve

Your best bet would be to search yell.com and try all the local independent hoping that one will have an old one on the shelf. failing that I'm afraid it may have to be a new boiler. We could give you a completive quote. We may have just secured a deal on some glowworm 15hxi's and could offer you a very good deal.

cheers gas people for your help.

you'll be pleased to hear that it was a gas safe reg engineer from a very large well known national british type gas company that suggested the fire cement.

or even fire proof mastick

:rant::loopy::suspect:

will look for a heat exchanger and grommet together- if not, its boiler heaven for this little stalwart - who was working fine and not leaking until this compnay engineeer touched it.

may be in touch with you guys again re your quotes/business etc.

cheers

xgx

Edited by xgrifterx
addition of text

Notice the engineer was not willing to offer the 'fix' himself though.........he KNEW he would be struck off for any such 'bodge'......very worrying advice!

cheers gas people for your help.

you'll be pleased to hear that it was a gas safe reg engineer from a very large well known national british type gas company that suggested the fire cement.

or even fire proof mastick

:rant::loopy::suspect:

will look for a heat exchanger and grommet together- if not, its boiler heaven for this little stalwart - who was working fine and not leaking until this compnay engineeer touched it.

I know which grommet you mean and there are many mysons out there where the grommet has just crumbled away. Happens on some other boilers too.

Can't believe you were told to use fire cement or fire proof silicone and it shows that there are bad engineers in even reputable british companies. You obviously got a monkey in a polo shirt that day, and he was flounting the gas regs by giving you that advice, though what u do with that advice he gave you is up to you...

I've checked on all the boiler sites i use and cant find the part listed anywhere. Maybe you could go back and barter with the company to see if you could get a good deal seeing as its now leaking post service, however best use someone off here as it would still be miles cheaper

number off boilers I have shut down because of fire cement being used as a bodge.

cheers gents for the advice and time searching for the part. much appreciated.

xgx

Your best bet is to take advantage of the government funded boiler scrappage scheme. You will get a few hundred quid towards the replacement of your boiler for a completely new one.

If nothing else it is worth loking in to...

Your best bet is to take advantage of the government funded boiler scrappage scheme. You will get a few hundred quid towards the replacement of your boiler for a completely new one.

If nothing else it is worth loking in to...

That would have been good but it ran out at least two months ago and this government doesn't look like its going to refill the pot .

However if the Op is over 60 they could get a £300 warmfront voucher through a recommended installer like us.

Can anyone help.i have a myson apollo fanfare 15/30 si.i want to change the overheat stat but they want sell me a limit stat with a lead that wont fit,the overheat stat looks exactly like the hi/lo stat on the boiler.:help::help: