Letters through doors wanting to buy your house

Mmm wonder if it was the same julie that was offering a house for sale at hillsborough with a dodgy sounding scheme where you didn't have to get a mortgage but paid rent for so long..?!?

so print the number up and then when she gets all these calls about people selling their houses we can get to read all the replies from the forum crew :hihi:

We had one in Hillsborough a few weeks back from Julie asking if we were selling and if so to call her. We weren't so it went in the bin, but it did say she was looking for a house in our area so if all other areas are getting the exact same thing I would assume its a con! :suspect:

smell a rat here......did a check n the number and this was the result....

Zhangshu Jiang Huang junior high

07957811855 07957811855

江西省樟树市临江镇姜璜村委 Riverside Zhangshu in Jiangxi Province Huang Jiang Town, the village committee.

:loopy:

...then without seeing house offered asking price but wanted to pay half now me sign the house over and her to pay the rest in installments to me

LMAO!:hihi:

Why doesn't she just get a mortgage? If you were to convey the house to her and she was to default on the mortgage payments then you would have to evict her and re-posess the house. If she had caused any damage (and if she didn't have any money) then you might find it impossible to recover your losses.

You would also be advised to take professional advice on any possible tax liability. - A liability arising either from the 'rent' she would be paying you or from your disposal of a house which you didn't occupy as your prime residence.

'Rent-to-buy' is common in some places - but I doubt Sheffield is one of them.

I'm not considering this at all she sounded dodgy as hell

i think you can rent to buy but not much info from the council maybe they dont want to lose anymore houses to the right to buy brigade

Funnily enough mother in law had one of these today in Meersbrook, thought it looked suss. Glad I saw this thread as MiL was considering phoning as she is wanting to sell up, will tell her not to bother.

i got one too, im on Albert road, straight in the bin. she couldnt afford my house anyway.

i got one too, im on Albert road, straight in the bin. she couldnt afford my house anyway.

Don't think she actually intends on buying the houses at full price!

i am on myrtle road & got 1 yesterday.

She doesn't sound like a scammer, just one of the many "below market value" buyers that mass market by leaflet many areas in the hope of finding a few desperate sellers that are having trouble finding a buyer. To some people for a variety of financial reasons, these businesses can really be a godsend. However, they are businesses so they usuay look to buy for around 20% below market value. Some offer outright purchase, some offer buy and rent back deals and in this case a risky half now, half by installments deal. Well, I would imagine most of these buyers operate under a LTD company so in the future if their company goes under, they have limited liability so you would have sold your house and would never see the other half of the installments.

But, if you are desperate to sell and can't find a buyer and are willing take a below Market value offer for the total agreed price, there is no scam. All about choice.