Letters through doors wanting to buy your house

There are plenty of these people around. They offer you about half the true value of your house and sell the house on to people who can't get mortgages from the usual lenders, arranging the mortgage for them at huge interest rates so they make profit several times over.

Looks like she's moved on, got one today in Woodseats........so peeps beware and tell ANYONE who thinls it'sOK that it is a total SCAM ! ! !

I got one a while back in Hillsborough/Lower Walkley ish area... Looked handwritten but photocopied.

I suspect it's the same person who's been putting 'I'll buy your house' notices up all over the traffic lights about here and in town. They all have the same writing on them. Keep your eyes out for them if you haven't seen em, they all have some dodgy text number on them.

I suggest you don't do it!

I haven't had one so I haven't thrown it in the bin.

Got one couple of weeks ago from Julie Heeley area.

Yep, we got one last week, sounds like the same thing. Our house isn't even up for sale, so it went in the bin.

then without seeing house offered asking price but wanted to pay half now me sign the house over and her to pay the rest in installments to me

I'd say that conclusively makes it a scam.

Hiya , We're also in Heeley,I mentioned it to friends in the Beer garden the other night and one was saying be very very careful because it could also be a burglary scam,get into your house , see what you've got and best way to get in, get chatting , see when you're at work etc.

So I would advise bin it

Hiya , We're also in Heeley,I mentioned it to friends in the Beer garden the other night and one was saying be very very careful because it could also be a burglary scam,get into your house , see what you've got and best way to get in, get chatting , see when you're at work etc.

So I would advise bin it

I also got a Julie note through the door but thanks for the advice BJ Mason.

Hang on....talking of notes through the door, I got a flyer from you :D

yeah, i got one on abbeydale road too...

We had one of those a while ago and we're in Chapeltown. It had that creepy 'pretending to be handwritten but looked like it had been printed' look that politicians seem to use a lot these days.

I think it might even have been from a Julie...

I'm in Woodseats, just off the main strip, and I got one of these yesterday. I rent, so it went straight in the bin. Just pulled it out and it's from the elusive Julie! Bet The Star would love this (non) story!