Real ale pubs showing world cup matches

Old Queens Head are also showing all the games, they have a big screen for the occasion.

Ales though are Thwaites and a couple of guest ones, they also serve food if feeling peckish at half time

I was in there last night and enjoyed it, talking to 2 random strangers about football .. as one does when World Cup is on.

Old Queens Head are also showing all the games, they have a big screen for the occasion.

Ales though are Thwaites and a couple of guest ones, they also serve food if feeling peckish at half time

I was in there last night and enjoyed it, talking to 2 random strangers about football .. as one does when World Cup is on.

Yeah, they usually have one good guest on and it`s a good place to watch football. Last time I was in, there were lots of Borussia Dortmund fans in watching their match with Bayern Munich. Strange. :confused:

If you fancy drinking beer fresh from a brewery tap we will be showing all the World Cup Games on our projector here at Sentinel Brewhouse.

If you fancy drinking beer fresh from a brewery tap we will be showing all the World Cup Games on our projector here at Sentinel Brewhouse.

I remember going to a few Euro games here so I'll be in for some World Cup action.

I caught some of the Spain v Portugal match in the Picture House Social. Very good. Big screen in a smallish room full of seats facing it.

Up the street the Kickov bar blokes were busy putting up signage for their place.

Bit of advice required here.

On Saturday it is our tri-monthly (is that the right word for every 3 months?) Wetherspoons crawl in which we get rid of all our vouchers for that period. We normally try to cover all those with beer gardens from Barnsley into Sheffield (Joseph Bramah, Waggon at Chapeltown, Rawson Spring, Francis Newton etc) but of course there are gonna be some tasty World Cup games that day.

Does anyone know whether the Rawson is showing World Cup games (that aren't England)? And, when we eventually get fed up of Spoons beer (normally by the time we get to Ecclesall Road) where would be best to catch the 7PM game? I know Champs would be favourite here but it has limited beer choice. I can see a comment that Sentinel are showing them? But not sure that would include Saturday? I know other places are not including Saturdays in their screenings.

Edited by DnAuK

Wow, Dan. `spoons! I find that rather ironic.

fwiw, watched an England match at Greystones and set up was decent. Even got a seat, which was appreciated aftera 15 mile trail race.

Wow, Dan. `spoons! I find that rather ironic.

fwiw, watched an England match at Greystones and set up was decent. Even got a seat, which was appreciated aftera 15 mile trail race.

Yeah I know. But after splurging fifty quid on beer weekend before last, and a forty quid last weekend, which involved sampling the Northern Powerhouse collabs at the Hallamshire, I needs a cheap weekend until payday! Plus, I'm from Yorkshire, so every molecule in my body will rebel at wasting discount vouchers. You know how it is... :P

Besides, 90% of all bars showing the World Cup will have nothing better than lager, so I can cope with a cheap Spoons beer instead. If I can find one showing it... World Cup only comes around ever 4 years. I can drink good beer on other weekends :) Hopefully they won't be too busy either if the rumours of them not being able to dispense John Smiths and Carling are anything to go by! :hihi:

I was hoping to get to Grerystones after SunFest next weekend to watch the quarter finals. But according to pete they don't show the footy on a Saturday there? So that will involve yet another plan if the Abbeydale don't put any screens up.

Bit of advice required here.

On Saturday it is our tri-monthly (is that the right word for every 3 months?) Wetherspoons crawl in which we get rid of all our vouchers for that period. We normally try to cover all those with beer gardens from Barnsley into Sheffield (Joseph Bramah, Waggon at Chapeltown, Rawson Spring, Francis Newton etc) but of course there are gonna be some tasty World Cup games that day.

Does anyone know whether the Rawson is showing World Cup games (that aren't England)? And, when we eventually get fed up of Spoons beer (normally by the time we get to Ecclesall Road) where would be best to catch the 7PM game? I know Champs would be favourite here but it has limited beer choice. I can see a comment that Sentinel are showing them? But not sure that would include Saturday? I know other places are not including Saturdays in their screenings.

Lescar are showing the games outside, I was there last night. They have about 3/4 keg on as well, I cannot remember which brewery it was, its on my Untppd.

Looks like Graze Inn or what it is called on Eccy Rd (works browser restricted any beer sites) is also showing games, but not sure about Saturday.

I did hear Portland House are showing some games but not sure what.

Lescar are showing the games outside, I was there last night. They have about 3/4 keg on as well, I cannot remember which brewery it was, its on my Untppd.

Looks like Graze Inn or what it is called on Eccy Rd (works browser restricted any beer sites) is also showing games, but not sure about Saturday.

I did hear Portland House are showing some games but not sure what.

Cheers Pete. That is really helpful

And a thread about which pubs are showing football degenerates into the usual real ale willy-waving routing.

Pack it in, for crying out loud.

The thread is Entitled "Real ale pubs showing world cup matches" so real ale, and football are on topic - suggest you stop trolling/ordering people about.

Guest makapaka
The thread is Entitled "Real ale pubs showing world cup matches" so real ale, and football are on topic - suggest you stop trolling/ordering people about.

The post Emma Jones was responding to wasn't on topic though was it.

You should have directed this post at the previous poster but chose not to beacuse you wanted to have a dig.

Some great suggestions in this thread, thanks everyone.