Real ale pubs showing world cup matches

The obvious one that springs to mind is the Clubhouse sports bar on London Road. Does both Football on telly and decent beer.

Televised sport (especially football) in pubs just encourages all the "Come on my son....", "Yes, yes, yes..... No...." communal verbal diarrhoea. The players, strangely enough, can't hear you - but everyone else in the pub sadly can (all too clearly).

Thanks for the reminder. Yet another reason to avoid pubs and drink at home (where I don't have a TV).

The obvious one that springs to mind is the Clubhouse sports bar on London Road. Does both Football on telly and decent beer.

Yes very decent pub now one of my favs for watching sport good ( pub) food and service too.

Last time I went, the beer was very limited but that WAS a long while back. Who runs it now / what beer?

The Common Room will be showing the World Cup 2018, we have some great packages available which include a platter of food to share and a drink per person, along with table service - no waiting at the bar!

If you wish to book, please contact the team on bookings@truenorthbrewco.uk, we are booking up fast!

Best Wishes,

True North Brew Co

0114 280 8229

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 17:58 ----------

Hello!

We are showing the World Cup in The Forum & The Common Room this year, please get in touch if you wish to book your spaces as it is becoming very popular! Please contact us on bookings@truenorthbrewco.uk to secure your space.

Best Wishes,

True North Brew Co

0114 280 8229

The Red Lion in town is a good option. Nice underated pub.

The Red Lion in town is a good option. Nice underated pub.

Ditto with The Olde Queen`s Head imho

The Hillsborough Hotel has signs up saying it will be showing the World Cup games.

The Hillsborough Hotel has signs up saying it will be showing the World Cup games.

Does it specify 'all world cup games' or just England matches? Looking for places to watch some others as I crawl arounnd Sheffield

Does it specify 'all world cup games' or just England matches? Looking for places to watch some others as I crawl arounnd Sheffield

I don't recall it mentioning England at all....I'll be in again next Tuesday for the quiz so can confirm or otherwise.

I don't recall it mentioning England at all....I'll be in again next Tuesday for the quiz so can confirm or otherwise.

Ta chuck

Was planning on a wander from The Hallamshire (before the footy starts) to the blind Monkey (who are promising footy on an outdoor screen, but who knows?) then via the Hillsbrough Hotel to the Wednesday tap (who I presume will show all games?). So if the hillsbrough are showing them as well it just means I won't miss much :)

This place http://www.kickov.com/ is showing a few more than just the England games.

They are next to Picture Social House, looks a big screen and nice setup, I have asked them if they do any ales, only mentions the word "craft" on their website.

The Ball Inn at Crookes - cannot find what games they are showing but I guess they will have a few on with all those screens.