Real ale pubs showing world cup matches

Think the taps has a screen now - didn't make it on friday to verify this as went back to the family to watch with them.

i'll be in shef on wedneday with 12 mates, final university drinking session, i think we might hit henrys too.

Yes, the Sheffield Tap had a temporary looking screen in one corner on Friday.

Wasn't switched on when I was there, but presumably they were going to put it on for the match. Wouldn't have thought it was the ideal location for watching football though.

Yes, the Sheffield Tap had a temporary looking screen in one corner on Friday.

Wasn't switched on when I was there, but presumably they were going to put it on for the match. Wouldn't have thought it was the ideal location for watching football though.

The Tap didn't have football on Saturday night when I was in so maybe it's just England matches being shown in there?

The Hearty Oak are showing all World cup matches on large screens with Abbeydale real Ales, Moonshine and Brimstone :)

Hopefully see you soon!

Team Hearty :)

If you'd like to book Henry's balcony area for any of the matches, do get in touch. It is available to book, free of charge, providing it isn't booked already. This goes for any sporting event or function - just drop me a PM if you'd like any more information.

Edit - I've just checked our bookings and we've recently taken a booking for the balcony area for Wednesday 23rd - which makes that area full for that game. But if you'd like to book a table on the ground floor for that game, do get in touch.

Thanks for booking us some tables yesterday, whoever was responsible. We had to move to the window seats in the end as one of our party had forgotten his glasses, doh!

Anyway we had a fantastic afternoon at Henry's. A really nice friendly crowd, great venue, great atmosphere and real ale (both very important considerations!) and even complimentary pizza and chicken legs at the end of the game which was very welcome. We'll undoubtedly be going back to watch more games there, thanks to all the Henry's staff. :)

Thanks for booking us some tables yesterday, whoever was responsible. We had to move to the window seats in the end as one of our party had forgotten his glasses, doh!

Anyway we had a fantastic afternoon at Henry's. A really nice friendly crowd, great venue, great atmosphere and real ale (both very important considerations!) and even complimentary pizza and chicken legs at the end of the game which was very welcome. We'll undoubtedly be going back to watch more games there, thanks to all the Henry's staff. :)

So glad you enjoyed yourselves :) We all had a fantastic time too. See you on Sunday!

Cambridge Street, round the back of Cole Brothers.

Where is Henry's?

Cambridge Street, round the back of Cole Brothers.

Yes, we're at 38 Cambridge Street - here where city bar used to be, opposite the rear entrance to John Lewis.

time to update this thread.

We need a decent pub with decent ales that will be showing the WORLD CUP

Thoughts and ideas please...

The 3 pubs in town that show sports regularly are The Head of Steam (I think this also fits the ale criteria), Walkabout and The Common Room neither of which I frequent often but are probably less aley than the HOS.