Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

Oh dear, please excuse me for finding neo-Nazi thuggish subcultures distasteful, how terribly old fashioned of me.

i think you should stop now before you dig yourself deeper into that generalising hole you seem to have dug.

have you heard about SHARP skinheads?, "SkinHeads Against Racial Prejidice"?

youve heard the oppressed? one of the most antifascist of skinhead bands? or the angelic upstarts? didnt think so.

of course you knew that the original skins were into reggae and ska tho, right?

yeah some are nazis, but then some members of the community at large are into the bnp etc

i think you should stop now before you dig yourself deeper into that generalising hole you seem to have dug.

have you heard about SHARP skinheads?, "SkinHeads Against Racial Prejidice"?

youve heard the oppressed? one of the most antifascist of skinhead bands? or the angelic upstarts? didnt think so.

of course you knew that the original skins were into reggae and ska tho, right?

yeah some are nazis, but then some members of the community at large are into the bnp etc

Well said Mel :thumbsup: here here

Must admit I am an 'enforced' skinhead myself these days

Well now, would you believe it? :cool:

Well now, would you believe it? :cool:

maybe he should be "enforced" to listen to the oppressed too :)

or some classic trojan sounds :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_blue_owl

Oh dear, please excuse me for finding neo-Nazi thuggish subcultures distasteful, how terribly old fashioned of me.

if you read my earlier post you'll see that i had no ties to neo-Nazi thuggish subcultures or nazi anythings. i seem to think this is a fairly modern thing & is currently happening in germany[again].as to the jap thing,it was meant to be tongue in cheek.you'r quite correct japanese people are born japanese & do'nt choose [whatever] but whatever you'r born i believe you have a choice in your actions.i'm sorry you were beaten up,it certainly was'nt by me or my m8s.may i ask why you had long hair at the time.could it be anything to do with fashion perhaps?.

:hihi: p.s.i'v never seen any pic's or footage of hitler & his cronies do'in the wully bully,dressed in boots n braces.if you have such material please share it.

can some one help me please iused to live in the penny black in the early 80s and went out with a girl breifly who hung around with the show boat skins does anybody remember her and what was her name.she said her step father was judge pickles

anyone rember walkin thru the subways etc when there was a concert on at the city hall ? got chased thru there a few times must av bn my long hair an denim jacket
Been there done that:hihi: my brother was a skin head, and im a rocker:P the 80 what fun.....

then came the year 2000 and the chavs....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_blue_owl

if you read my earlier post you'll see that i had no ties to neo-Nazi thuggish subcultures or nazi anythings. i seem to think this is a fairly modern thing & is currently happening in germany[again].as to the jap thing,it was meant to be tongue in cheek.you'r quite correct japanese people are born japanese & do'nt choose [whatever] but whatever you'r born i believe you have a choice in your actions.i'm sorry you were beaten up,it certainly was'nt by me or my m8s.may i ask why you had long hair at the time.could it be anything to do with fashion perhaps?.

Hi Willo,

Interesting point about being responsible for one's actions particularly when in the military - obey orders or follow one's consience?,

Whatever, I agree with you completely that the perpetrators of the Japanese atrocities did so mainly through their own sadistic tendencies rather than follow orders.

Why did I have long hair? Possibly the same reason that Skin Heads had no hair, the difference being that us 'Hippies' preached Love and Peace and wore sandals not steel-capped boots.

I wasn't badly beaten up I can look after myself - but thanks for the sentiment.

And I accept that a lot of the S/H were non violent and it was wrong of me to lump them all together.

:hihi: p.s.i'v never seen any pic's or footage of hitler & his cronies do'in the wully bully,dressed in boots n braces.if you have such material please share it.

On their way :)

Good point there Willo! :cool:

:) hi mr blue owl, nice reply,thanx. goin back 2 my youth [nooooo ere e goes again-lol] i was always a suspect s/h- mod- scooter boy-wot ever,having an older brother i was introduced to the music of jimi hendrix- cream & such like,which i prefered 2 the blue beat & reggae,oops nearly 4got the who! [we do'nt get fooled again-8 mins 36 secs of musical magic].just 1 correction the boots, big t boots,followed by doc martens buffed with ox blood polish [right pain in the a**e to turn em red] no steel toe caps. hope you & yours are all well out in the east.willo.