Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

Been trying to find Mezzy for 25 years now lol..we were good mates who lost touch in '88 anyone seen him since?.my name is rob cave. I think we all crossed paths mid eighties but I was one of the city road lot and the market balcony..remember Adolf and his friends well. There was also a guy with a cross on his forehead had a friend called Angela Johnson..great times..the smith brothers from arbourthorn?

r you going to add me to u list..???

wot no soski he went to school with me lol:)

I used to work in Sheffield for many years, Mezzy (PG) was a mate of mine, he had tats of tear drops, i remember him leaving the Drop-in centre at Victoria hall (which i started up) when a gang jumped him, being a scouser i helped him out, us two against 9 or more.... if your about Mez get in touch bud..:help:

i remember you kirky back in the 80s i used to hang around showboat with ricky cheryle and his bro mark also sham bunny **** lad called ali cutter im scottie them were days tho

i was one of the skins doin the chasing

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

used to batter the hippies all over town:D :D

proper pussies

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 12:12 ----------

i did some chase ing too us showboat skins ran from no one they were best days of my life 16 year old becomming a skinhead , kirky bunny yan manners ricky n mark cheryle ali des bogey cutter baz to name more also karen rasdale she had some god on her she could shout anyone down

Hey guys I've just been talking to my uncle, he Richard foster and my father mick foster are both from the outskirts of Sheffield and I've heard some pretty crazy stories about my dad, apparently they called him 'Ozzie' and I was just wondering if anyone new him, it would be great to hear some information about dad as he hasn't told me any stories about his younger days, I had to hear it from my uncle today !

I was skinhead girl in the early 80's, best days of my life, I was never in any fights or saw any of my mates involved in any violence, we used to keep out of trouble best we could and just had a good laugh together, shaved head wiv a fringe we'd ask for at scotts barbers on the wicker, our dress code (girls)was monkey boots/ porkpie shoes, Smart Rs jeans, white Fred Perry n silk green/ blue pilot jacket, we all looked very smart!

most of our time was spent on the gallery at the markets, the showboat, the friery, pond street (does anyone remember THE FOUR SEASONS cafe? it was gr8 for a cuppa,) or the hole in the road, sometimes we'd go up to spring street where they started a youth club for us,i spent many nights playing pool there, then later onto the marples n the barrow boys pubs. We all seemed to take over the fair at Hillsborough too when it came to town!

I remember all the old crowd who i've not seen for many years, China, Briggsy, Gibby (RIP), Neville, Adolf, Mezzy, Drid, Tommy, Kenty, Casper, Andy G, Pete C, Ant, Steve, Turtle, Dicko, Razor, Gally, Gary A, Gary P, Scodger, Daz, Datz, Norman, Willy, Mozzle, Webbo, Froggy, Coley (RIP), Wayne n Tony Anderson, Zonny, Sammy, Trish, Jackie, Adele, Joanne, Traci, Trina, Mel, Murphy, Bev, Lynne, Dawn, Jane, Jill, Jet, Debs, Kate, Diane to name only a few, i often wonder what they're up to now, i'm just a regular 30 something working mum (with very long hair!) hoping my kids dont turn out like i did lol!!! ;)

oh, what fun we had, but at the time it seemed so bad, trying different ways to make a difference to the days!!!

Anyone ive forgot?, please let me know :)

I used to hang around showboat we skinheads I was 1 myself in 1980/81 my name was scottie as I was born in sheff but stayed in Scotland a while like you I often wonder what happened to skinheads /skinbirds bunny yan sham ect its good reading about our youth on here long live 80s skins 4 life lol

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 12:57 ----------

Webbo deardens ave in your back yard you had a little shed with seats ect in it ? flashbacks haha

my nick name was scottie I hung around showboat in 80/81 we bunny yan alan n lads I moved away but never for got my pals it was best part of my youth hangin around we lads n lasses

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 12:59 ----------

Here's some names I remember cutter,bez,Andy D, Barry p,bobby t, Ricky k, Ricky c, chez,dan,smedley,mezzy,Janet t,mark s,mark o,Jayne m,Kaye m,darren c,Peter n,that's all I can think of at the moment I'm sure more will come back to me

lol I hung around we them lads in 1980/81 my nickname was scottie do you remember bunny throwing bin on coppers car lol

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 13:14 ----------

i was one of them. used to hang in the hole in the road or pond street, there was, westy, nad, sham, digger and myself (masi) many more but i cant remember names its too long ago now, i always had a motorhead badge on my crombie it always confused people when they saw it.

I hung around there too my names scotty I moved in 82 lol I no sham ricky c his brother mark chez bunny yan loads more

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 13:24 ----------

the skinheads at the barrow boys.where the second generation.the true skins where the showboat and marples boys.all the oi gigs.sham 69 at roxys.cockney rejects limit.massive hello to chez.tommy little nigel,manners.digger.kenti.big rodger,drid.both brothers.mezzy.bunny johnson.mark mason.sid from kivo.sammy brothers.roy cockin.plattsey,dougie green,mackie,hoddy,and everyone else.great times.great era.soski http://www.lab13studios.co.uk http://www.puredelightxxx.co.uk

hi I used to hang around we manners bunny chez his bro ricky sham in 80 81 we were showboat skins I still remember when bunny 1st started hangin around showboat an him throwin a bin on coppers car from landing brill days I was scottie that was my nickname back them great readin about times back then I chat with alan Williams on fbook n would like to get in touch we some of lads from back in the 80s tc sosk great tattooin yer doin oi oi

Don't remember bunny doing that. But I do remember one lad that broke in to the little paper shop under the escalator every Thursday after they had there fag delivery.

Edited by froger

I remember the original skinheads, around 1968, morphed into suedeheads 3 or 4 years later. I think it's a bit disingenuous of people to suggest that they were anything other than thugs associated with football and racist violence. The whole point of shaven heads was to look mean and aggressive and better able to fight. If not the case why wear heavy steel toe capped industrial boots ? The whole "non racist " skin bit may have been true 10-12 years later. Personally don't understand why people had to imitate a lifestyle from a previous generation, shows a distinct lack of imagination. Before I'm criticised as having middle class views I originate from a working class council estate in a mining village in Barnsley. There were plenty of skinheads around but they were thuggy types. The bowler hat as mentioned earlier was a manifestation/celebration of the film Clockwork Orange worn by a hooligan gang in the film

I use to be a skinhead in the 1980's spent most of my time down attercliffe we always got fighting when the fair use to come on the spare ground at darnall.Brightside was another haunt of ours, going back to attercliffe we once went in the fisherman pub just off broughton lane this is going up to darnall we had never been in the pub before there was about 20 of us.We had a right shock when we walked through the door it was full of hells angels there was one bloody big battle outside I had my hand broke by a stupid long haired fella he lashed out at me with a motorbike chain thats all they was good for using weapons but revenge was ours 6 weeks later we all went back up only this time there was more of use than them I can remember one of the hairy fairys getting is hair cut there must have been 8 of the skinheads had pinned him down and somebody used a big pair of hair cutting shears on him he finnished up with hardly any hair on him.We also had a visit from some of the darnall skinheads and they got stuck in I think that 4 of the motorbikes got wrecked.The police turned up but we had legged it down to the broughton inn so even to this day I dont know what had happened to the hairy fairy who had got his hair cut free of charge.We never went back there again.

think they were my shears ups

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 15:32 ----------

I used to work in Sheffield for many years, Mezzy (PG) was a mate of mine, he had tats of tear drops, i remember him leaving the Drop-in centre at Victoria hall (which i started up) when a gang jumped him, being a scouser i helped him out, us two against 9 or more.... if your about Mez get in touch bud..:help:

i remember mez with mick he shot me in the leg had to go hospital and have it pulled out ouch i still sort of speak to mick hes in touch with mez

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 15:35 ----------

Yes I had some interesting times on Level 5 myself ;)

do you remember when the police came to remove us and they got the hose pipe on us

:hihi: