Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

Is it the same mezzy his first name was Paul had two sisters Marie and pat

Is it the same mezzy his first name was Paul had two sisters Marie and pat

not sure about his sissters , he use to hang around town some times on the show boat , when i first met mezzy he wore a fishtail parker but that was years ago . the last time i saw him was at east bank road on stewarts waltzer in the 80s not seen anything of him since if its the same lad that is . cant remember any of his x girlfriends though as i say it was years ago .i did know a marie who hung around on the show boat back in the early 80s , started to hang around with a girl called diane with long dark hair use to go with nad ....

Edited by famo

I used to go to watch United with Mark and his mate,Benny,I haven`t seen him since around the same years as you.
both still live in wincobank mark still a painter and benny now works in the steelworks

both still live in wincobank mark still a painter and benny now works in the steelworks

Funnily enough,I saw Benny at the bus stop at the top of Newman Road last night.

Hi Miss Skin, - You brought back a few old memory's with the list of names

Webbo here (Showboat 1979 -1985), Great memory's great times, still going to see Bad Manners, The Beat and any other Ska band that is playing locally, still got shaved hair and Doc Martins but wear them with a suit now.

I went on to be an IT Analyst so for all those people who think we were all just racist no brain lunatics please accept the two fingered salute, i had lots of Indian, West Indian friends etc as i also went to the Bow Centre to Jam upstairs with Wesley etc.

Too many people try and put people into Box's, the people i knew hung around the various haunts in Sheffield until of pub age because they had no where else to go, we did get into fights but 99 times out of a 100 it was other people who caused the trouble with us.

The Marples was my drinking hole and sometimes the Wicker before all the pubs where closed, i also remember trying to sneak into the Limit in 1978 to see the Specials before they got famous.

Still see a few of the old crew in passing, i work with Adz, i see Adolf, Kenty, Swabs, Ange frequently sometimes i see some of the others at gigs, Bad Manners at the corporation 14th Dec 2007 if any of you old Showboat, Pondstreet, Gallery or Hole in the Road Guys are still up for it it's a great night.

Hope to see some of you there sweating and wheezing with me.

Webbo deardens ave in your back yard you had a little shed with seats ect in it ? flashbacks haha

Here's some names I remember cutter,bez,Andy D, Barry p,bobby t, Ricky k, Ricky c, chez,dan,smedley,mezzy,Janet t,mark s,mark o,Jayne m,Kaye m,darren c,Peter n,that's all I can think of at the moment I'm sure more will come back to me

Here's some names I remember cutter,bez,Andy D, Barry p,bobby t, Ricky k, Ricky c, chez,dan,smedley,mezzy,Janet t,mark s,mark o,Jayne m,Kaye m,darren c,Peter n,that's all I can think of at the moment I'm sure more will come back to me

do you remember gary cole ?

No sorry did he have a nick name

No sorry did he have a nick name[

dont think so no he was knocked over by a train :confused: he was glue sniffing at the time,

felt it was my fault because we had just ended our relationship ? it was in 1984 /1885

It was 78 that I started going on the showboat and about 83 when I stopped was he going there then

feel a "sheff skins" facebook page coming on!! :)

feel a "sheff skins" facebook page coming on!! :)

:suspect: ha ha sound like a good idea that ! i still keep in touch with a few but lets keep it to the 80s ! wonder if anyone remembers bn sprayed with water in the car park ???