Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

Cheers mate.

Unfortunately my dear dad died yesterday in a Sheffield nursing home :( (85 - good innings)

Best

Keef

Sorry to hear that Mr. blue, :( may your father now RIP

I wrote and ode for you Miss S

In days of yore

Long hair I wore

Almost to my bum

But years pass by

And follicles die

A skin head I've become:mad:

:)

Aw, thanks Mr. Blue, you did that just for me? I think you're really great ;)

P.S, my hair almost reaches my bum too these days :)

:) yo mr blue & mel,many thanx once again 4 the fascinating pics of adolph,last nite da'nt pub i was showing them my m8,who's a history buff & after about 7 pints he assured me that they'r the real deal,thus proving that adolph was infact Johnny reggea, he also went on 2 say that adolph appeared again in the band sparks [playing keyboard] circa 73 & again circa 76 standing in 4 Bryan Ferry, do'in lets stick together.I think we've uncovered a tantilising historical tidbit here & could be on the way 2 finding out what happened in the last days of the Reich.he also said that he went into politics & reemerged as mrs thatcher.not sure bout that 1 but stay tuned we're doin some digging.

I seem to recall The Cannon opposite the Crown Courts was oft frequented by skins.

I seem to recall The Cannon opposite the Crown Courts was oft frequented by skins.

yup ive seen adolf and kirky peering out of there before :P

Aw, thanks Mr. Blue, you did that just for me? I think you're really great ;)

P.S, my hair almost reaches my bum too these days :)

AWWW Miss S - I'm blushing now

I adore long hair on girls

AWWW Miss S - I'm blushing now

I adore long hair on girls

:love: ooooh i think i'm in love! ;)

I just read an item posted by Artisan saying that "all skinheads fought when the odds were in their favour". I can assure him that from my VAST experience that wasn't the case. I'm not suggesting that this didn't happen but l had often taken on more than 2 at a time if not more and very often through no fault of my own.

One of the last really big fight that l got involved in happened in the Hole in the Road one evening in summer 1982. I was walking through there with a mate when a group of between 25 - 30 lads started hurling abuse and threatening us. I was the only one that actually had skinhead anyway.

The conclusion to this story was that they set about us not knowing four other mates were about 2 minutes behind us.

We kicked the **** out of them and most of them legged it. I actually ended up in prison because of this as l refused to implicate anyone else in the fight.

There were around 20 or so witnesses in the group and their evidence stood for itself . I wouldn't have gone to prison had they not attacked me and my pal.

Hopefully, Artisan,this may change your attitude a little....don't believe the press!

I was skinhead girl in the early 80's, best days of my life, I was never in any fights or saw any of my mates involved in any violence, we used to keep out of trouble best we could and just had a good laugh together, shaved head wiv a fringe we'd ask for at scotts barbers on the wicker, our dress code (girls)was monkey boots/ porkpie shoes, Smart Rs jeans, white Fred Perry n silk green/ blue pilot jacket, we all looked very smart!

most of our time was spent on the gallery at the markets, the showboat, the friery, pond street (does anyone remember THE FOUR SEASONS cafe? it was gr8 for a cuppa,) or the hole in the road, sometimes we'd go up to spring street where they started a youth club for us,i spent many nights playing pool there, then later onto the marples n the barrow boys pubs. We all seemed to take over the fair at Hillsborough too when it came to town!

I remember all the old crowd who i've not seen for many years, China, Briggsy, Gibby (RIP), Neville, Adolf, Mezzy, Drid, Tommy, Kenty, Casper, Andy G, Pete C, Ant, Steve, Turtle, Dicko, Razor, Gally, Gary A, Gary P, Scodger, Daz, Datz, Norman, Willy, Mozzle, Webbo, Froggy, Coley (RIP), Wayne n Tony Anderson, Zonny, Sammy, Trish, Jackie, Adele, Joanne, Traci, Trina, Mel, Bev, Lynne, Dawn, Jane, Jill, Jet, Debs, Kate, Diane to name only a few, i often wonder what they're up to now, i'm just a regular 30 something working mum (with very long hair!) hoping my kids dont turn out like i did lol!!! ;)

oh, what fun we had, but at the time it seemed so bad, trying different ways to make a difference to the days!!!

Anyone ive forgot?, please let me know :)

Hahahaha!! I got a mention in your list....and yeah Coley (RIP) didn't he have an accident involving a train? Mozzle..."I like prison, they do good dinners" :D ...Trina, Traci and Mel and Helen Murphy were a gang in their own right. :D

I was abit older than you lot, a couple of years. I remember the Gallery kids as well as the Showboat kids. I think its very similar to the gangs that hang around in your local area nowadays. However the kids now don't give or have respect for anyone. Dope is accepted as normal and they are "untouchable" by the law.

I still see the likes of Gally, Sham and once in a while Sammy. You've all grown up and taken on a grown up role in society, hopefully the kidz on the cornerz will do the same.

Reesh

Hahahaha!! I got a mention in your list....and yeah Coley (RIP) didn't he have an accident involving a train? Mozzle..."I like prison, they do good dinners" :D ...Trina, Traci and Mel and Helen Murphy were a gang in their own right. :D

I was abit older than you lot, a couple of years. I remember the Gallery kids as well as the Showboat kids. I think its very similar to the gangs that hang around in your local area nowadays. However the kids now don't give or have respect for anyone. Dope is accepted as normal and they are "untouchable" by the law.

I still see the likes of Gally, Sham and once in a while Sammy. You've all grown up and taken on a grown up role in society, hopefully the kidz on the cornerz will do the same.

Reesh

Gallery? You mean the SHOWBOAT MOB? Yeah I know Galley and all them, used to stand up there as well and go to the Spring Street project. I always thought Skinner was a ****** and I hear he's now a drugs councillor for Sheffield probabtion services?

Gallery? You mean the SHOWBOAT MOB? Yeah I know Galley and all them, used to stand up there as well and go to the Spring Street project. I always thought Skinner was a ****** and I hear he's now a drugs councillor for Sheffield probabtion services?
The ironies of some of the kidz was amazing, Asian skinheads?Not that that is too unusual, but NF badge wearer's. However they weren't actually signed up members of the afore mentioned organisation.

Some of the girls were ok, especially Diane and l remember another couple, one Nikki and another Jane who were all sound. The lads were rather naive to say the least but had respect for myself and my boys.

I was never a green bomber jacket or 16 holer dm wearer, quality clobber was the order of the day!