Accidents on Kelvin Flats

I can't remember one there PT.

I'm sure I must have known you way back then.:)

I remember a girl who I worked with in her mid twenties jumping off there in very late eighties or early ninties , really sad. lovely girl , terrible someone would feel the need to end their life in such a tragic way.

l used to live on kelvin flats in the 80's and saw a lot of life good and bad could never understand at the time why people would come to the flats to jump off when the kids was out of school my daughter saw more than one while she was growing up. The young kids slinging things off the sides was an every day thing l lived very near the lifts and rubbish hold they would just come and sling it over for the fun of it at the cars, if you was using the lift or stairs it was lucky dip when you made a run for it at the bottom some times l was fit in them days lol

i attempted to drag this guy out but failed :(

You did well to get near a bath full of petrol on fire

l used to live on kelvin flats in the 80's and saw a lot of life good and bad could never understand at the time why people would come to the flats to jump off when the kids was out of school my daughter saw more than one while she was growing up. The young kids slinging things off the sides was an every day thing l lived very near the lifts and rubbish hold they would just come and sling it over for the fun of it at the cars, if you was using the lift or stairs it was lucky dip when you made a run for it at the bottom some times l was fit in them days lol

HI. I recall a photo in the Star, about the 80 ties of my policeman son, bent over a youg man who had jumped from the top, he tragicly was dead.

Could some please explain to me how someones head gets chooped off in lift doors

I may be wrong here but i seem to recall that he was actually decapitated by the lift coming down(or up) and that the lift doors were open at the time(or possibly opened at the time, I really am not sure it was such a long time ago)the poor boy was killed instantly.Im sure someone will be able to give a much more accurate description of what really happened.A horrible accident.

i lived in the kelvin before the flats were built. ifmemory serves me well there were 1048 flats altogether going from 13 storiesat portland st end to 6 at the other

i lived on the kelvin flats in the 80s many happy memories also recall someone throwing a settee over from the very top floor

i lived on the kelvin flats in the 80s many happy memories also recall someone throwing a settee over from the very top floor

was anyone sat in it at the time:confused:

hello tuffy 69 my name is paula turner im not sure if you remember me but the paul you are talking about is my twin brother its been 34years since he died ..... it happened at hyde park flats ..... do you have a name it may ring a bell ??

I remember Paul turner my brother was there on that day along with anther lad, I just went home for something to eat. I will often think of Paul.. I will never forget Paul

That dreadful incident was in about 1979. The little girl was about nine, or so. It happened on Hyde Park Flats. An (unnamed, because of his age) fifteen year old boy was convicted for it.

It still didn't shock the idiot element into stopping the stupid practice of throwing stuff over the flats' balconies...

Animals (:wow: yes, animals! ) milk bottles (they stopped deliveries of milk in bottles because of the practice) rubbish, water bombs...

And the rest..........

A nurse I used to work with was a district nurse in the area and once got hit by a plastic bag full of s**t (believed to be human) - gave a whole new meaning to the saying of being s**t on from a great height !

Edited by Daven