England .v. Algeria

That performance was disgusting and cant believe Shrek had the gall to have a go at the fans for booing. Having spent all the money getting there and other sacrifices to be rewarded with such an inept performance, he didnt seriously expect to be cheered of the pitch did. If so he is much thicker than we thought. As for that team it has failed spectacularly in 2 world cups and 2 euro championships, so its time for the manager to promote the under 21s to the full england time and lets see someone play with passion, because the overpaid premiership prima donnas of the current side certainly dont do that

Without doubt this should be the last tournament for a lot of these players and those of the older generation that's left should be used to help bring in the youngsters.I think that the 2012 euros should be used as a blooding tournament for the new generation and by 2018 world cup a mostly settled team/squad should be in position..now whether or not we have the class coming up is a different matter,more importantly we also need a good English born manager in charge,someone who can share the passion of the England football team with some of the most loyal passionate fans in the world and not someone driven by money

Without doubt this should be the last tournament for a lot of these players and those of the older generation that's left should be used to help bring in the youngsters.I think that the 2012 euros should be used as a blooding tournament for the new generation and by 2018 world cup a mostly settled team/squad should be in position..now whether or not we have the class coming up is a different matter,more importantly we also need a good English born manager in charge,someone who can share the passion of the England football team with some of the most loyal passionate fans in the world and not someone driven by money

Reading that post i think we should start a petition to get Noddyholder in charge for the next game, well said fella!!!!!!

START WITH CROUCH INSTEAD OF HESKEY, PLAY JOE COLE NEXT GAME - PLAY GERRARD BEHIND ROONEY!

SIMPLE!

C'mon England! sort it out!

Not really half of them you have home advantage for a start unlike the world cup, England have gradually got worse under Capello.

Yep. It's the same with every new manager. They start off picking players on form & ability, but after 12 months its back to the status quo and picking players on reputation.

Gerrard, Lampard & Rooney will get picked no matter what. Lampard in particular has never had a match-winning game for England in 80 odd caps, but there isn't a chance of him being dropped.

the 442 formation is the problem here, they have used the same formation now for years, 442 is old news,

the 442 formation is the problem here, they have used the same formation now for years, 442 is old news,

It's not just 4-4-2 that's the problem, it's our habit of our wide men in that formation hugging the touchline leaving our midfielders getting seriously out numbered. 4-3-3, with 3 central midfielders is the way forward.

It's not just 4-4-2 that's the problem, it's our habit of our wide men in that formation hugging the touchline leaving our midfielders getting seriously out numbered. 4-3-3, with 3 central midfielders is the way forward.

Gerrard barely stayed on the left at all never mind "hugging the touchline" against Algeria, thus leaving Cole without cover and pretty much out the game as an attacking force.

Gerrard barely stayed on the left at all never mind "hugging the touchline" against Algeria, thus leaving Cole without cover and pretty much out the game as an attacking force.

I was talking about Lennon, for some reason we always want to play one genuine winger, if it's not Lennon it's Wright-Phillips or even Walcott.

I was talking about Lennon, for some reason we always want to play one genuine winger, if it's not Lennon it's Wright-Phillips or even Walcott.

Lennon does not have that killer touch and his final ball (like Walcott's) is usually poor.

All three have pace- one is at home. If Capello had to bring on one left winger I think SWP is better option as he also can score goals. Lennon has not scored for England at any level (last time I checked- could be wrong).

I'd love to know what his 'other' changes will be, aside from Upson. Unless he changes the shape of the team, any changes will have little or no effect.

I have to say i thought John Terry and Matthew Upson were immense yesterday.