Postman beaten up for going without his shirt

yeah they have a large population of blacks and immigrants.......its not the fact that they are black or whatever.

i have experienced black americans and the difference is that over here in small close knit communities as a real minority they think that they have more to prove of what they r and try to uphold there suposed image of being gangsters and bigging them selves up more cause they know in white communities that they r the odd ones out....

Or some of them do, but not all. You mean like the white chav 'ganstas' who go about acting like black Americans that they see in hip hop videos and films etc?

I can also confirm that the overwhelming majority of people are not racist and it kind of annoys me when people keep going on about it all the time, it really ought not to be an issue in this day and age and I can't help but think of people who go on about racism all the time are merely playing into the hands of bigots.

Haven't you realised though NorthernStar that the people who go on about it are usually those who have an axe to grind about minority groups, rather than the minorities themselves.

I had no issue with the events that created this thread, until the old line 'if the victim, had been black, the police would have taken it seriously' was trotted out. That, in my opinion is a gratuitous and irrelevant playing of the 'race card'. In other words despite the lack of evidence to support the assault, the victim has been disadvantaged because he's white.

I can tell you from my own experience that plenty of black folks get assaulted and make no representations about it whatsoever.

Believe me the police do, and judging by the posts Ive seen on this subject on this forum alone, I dont see many white folks becoming shy and retiring types when faced with someone playing the race card. By the same token you are aware that this race card works both ways don't you? I've heard of offences being committed and the assailants being described as black, when that hasn't been the case, because the person making the claim believes it aggravates whatever they've been victims of ;)

Do they? Who are those people that believe that? Any claim like that is tested in a courtroom. It's a very challenging environment for people who make false accusations.

how do you know what is tested in a courtroom ? do you work in a courtroom ?

You do realise blacks/asians represent about 15% of the population, so if racists in their number are a minority, as they are within the 'indigenous' population, then obviously you're going to hear a lot less of black on white racism, thats just common sense isn't it?

yes that is common sense which is why i made that point.

Yes, we all know that isn't true, so who are these people believing the view you state?

i never said any 1 believed what i said nor did i say they shared my opinion but that is my opinion alone. and it's how i have seen things, you choose to believe me or not that would be your choice and your opinion.

Haven't you realised though NorthernStar that the people who go on about it are usually those who have an axe to grind about minority groups, rather than the minorities themselves.

I had no issue with the events that created this thread, until the old line 'if the victim, had been black, the police would have taken it seriously' was trotted out. That, in my opinion is a gratuitous and irrelevant playing of the 'race card'. In other words despite the lack of evidence to support the assault, the victim has been disadvantaged because he's white.

I can tell you from my own experience that plenty of black folks get assaulted and make no representations about it whatsoever.

Regardless as to the motivation for this attack a postman was attacked and beaten up and it would appear that the only reason the attacker is getting away with it is the fact that no-one came forward to give evidence about what did happen. It seems to me that that is the real issue here and yet this thread has turn into a racial issue.

Though racism may have been the motivation for the attack it concerns me that we have clouded this discussion with something I believe is a secondary issue. If only people would step forward then perhaps the courts would be able to get to the truth and take the appropriate action.

leviathan13 - I am only forming my opinions on what I have read here and your right I like most people here don't know the facts I'm making assumptions based on what I read - please accept 'allegedly' for my assumptions.

Edited by NorthernStar

Regardless as to the motivation for this attack a postman was attacked and beaten up and it would appear that the only reason the attacker is getting away with it is the fact that no-one came forward to give evidence about what did happen. It seems to me that that is the real issue here and yet this thread has turn into a racial issue.

Though racism may have been the motivation for the attack it concerns me that we have clouded this discussion with something I believe is a secondary issue. If only people would step forward then perhaps the courts would be able to get to the truth and take the appropriate action.

leviathan13 - I am only forming my opinions on what I have read here and your right I like most people here don't know the facts I'm making assumptions based on what I read - please accept 'allegedly' for my assumptions.

Maybe that's just it though - maybe nothing happened and there were no witnesses because there was nothing to actually witness.

But it was turned into a 'race issue' by the postman's brother.

Ps: in fact that's incorrect, this was the 2nd post on the thread-I'm guessing Ghostrider is not a member of an ethnic minority.

And they say white people are racist :rant:

Bet its investigated as an assault and not a racist attack....

The discussion was clouded by the impression the victim's brother gave that his brother would have been dealt with more sympathetically had he been black, nobody had referred to colour up until that point other than the OP, who quite rightly did so because it could help identify the assailant or jog the memory of witnesses. Edited by boyfriday

Hope the postman is ok...soooo glad i dont live in stocksbridge anymore lol

Unsubscribing from thread on the basis that it's a non-story. Will be back to apologise if any evidence that this took place ever turns up.

Well now its almost certain bert its apology time :roll:

Maybe that's just it though - maybe nothing happened and there were no witnesses because there was nothing to actually witness.

I can assure you it did happen

I can assure you it did happen

Go on then, assure me. Other than just saying "well, my brother told me...".

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but you weren't there so you're only going on second hand information like the rest of us.

This story sounds made up to me. Regardless of that Postmen should be made to wear their uniform while doing their job, not walking around bare-chested like a chav, it shows a lack of respect.

Of course it happen,its hardly the sort of story you make up.Im a resident of Stocksbridge and I can confirm it.