Postman beaten up for going without his shirt

Cheers mate.My brother would be better if the police hadn't dropped chargers,it appears the people who wittnessed it wont give evidence.It really bugs me,if my brother had attacked a innocent person of black origin then he would have been locked up and the keys would have been thrown away.Its shocking.:rant::rant:

A bit of a silly statement, don't you think? Skin colour is not an issue here, simply that the witnesses weren't prepared to give evidence.

Cheers mate.My brother would be better if the police hadn't dropped chargers,it appears the people who wittnessed it wont give evidence.It really bugs me,if my brother had attacked a innocent person of black origin then he would have been locked up and the keys would have been thrown away.Its shocking.:rant::rant:

I've not read all through the thread, but are you suggesting that charges were dropped because your brother was white and his attacker black?

What im saying is some years ago a friend of mine was sentanced to 9 months in prison for beating a person of Asian origin,this was self defence as the chap inquestion attacked my friend.However he played the race card and said my friend attacked him.What im saying is if my brother had attacked the black 18 year old lad,chargers would have been brought without question.

What im saying is some years ago a friend of mine was sentanced to 9 months in prison for beating a person of Asian origin,this was self defence as the chap inquestion attacked my friend.However he played the race card and said my friend attacked him.What im saying is if my brother had attacked the black 18 year old lad,chargers would have been brought without question.

There has to be evidence to support it, the 'race card' isn't in itself an indicator of someone's guilt or innocence, presumably in your friend's case there was evidence to substantiate the claim that it was a racially aggravated event, that an independent jury believed.

My point in your brother's case, was why were the charges dropped? An assault that hospitalises the victim is a serious one and will be thoroughly investigated, whatever the colour or claims of the main protaganists.

A bit of a silly statement, don't you think? Skin colour is not an issue here, simply that the witnesses weren't prepared to give evidence.

I've not read all through the thread, but are you suggesting that charges were dropped because your brother was white and his attacker black?

There has to be evidence to support it, the 'race card' isn't in itself an indicator of someone's guilt or innocence, presumably in your friend's case there was evidence to substantiate the claim that it was a racially aggravated event, that an independent jury believed.

My point in your brother's case, was why were the charges dropped? An assault that hospitalises the victim is a serious one and will be thoroughly investigated, whatever the colour or claims of the main protaganists.

The police state there is little they can do without a witness as its one word against the other.

In the case of my friend,the Asian chap came off worse.

Edited by blueandwhite

And they say white people are racist :rant:

Bet its investigated as an assault and not a racist attack....

...It could have even been a homophobic attack, but without any more details you can't tell...

The police state there is little they can do without a witness as it one word against the other.
Well they haven't looked hard for witnesses, a half naked postman being beaten senseless in broad daylight is quite a memorable event..and the police are generally well motivated to collar thugs who abuse public servants.

In the case of my friend,the Asian chap came off worse.

..and there was no evidence to corroborate his version of events?

What did the witnesses to this attack say? Were they of the opinion that it was your friend who initiated the attack?

Sadly mate its the way of the world.It happens more than you think and trust me your brother isn't the first and he sure as hell wont be the last.

Sadly mate its the way of the world.It happens more than you think and trust me your brother isn't the first and he sure as hell wont be the last.

Could we try to stick to the facts please, innuendo and false assumptions don't help anybody.

Not good attacking postmen/women I remember the one robbed and killed at Fraser Road Woodseates 1993/4 all for a bag of letters. I suppose the scum are walking the streets again by now.

dont think they were ever caught.

What a terrible thing to happen to you while at work. I hope the postie makes a speedy recovery.

Just to mention though, it's not the police that will have dropped the charges. The CPS will have instructed the officers on this, if there are no

witnesses or witnesses willing to make a statement then securing any kind of conviction at court would be nigh on impossible. Hence the reason the charges were dropped.