Film Questionaire

Movie Questionnaire

1)In a Sci-Fi Thriller, What is more important?

(list in order of importance, 1 being the most important)

- Plot Twists

- Good believable acting

- Realistic Special effects

- Good interesting storyline

- Bringing out the audiences emotions (fear, etc.)

- Likable Characters

- Props, costumes and scenery

Notes:

2)Which is the scariest out of:

(Pick One)

- Giant Spiders

- Zombies

- Vampires

- Evil Robots

- Terrorists

- Freak-Weather

- Dragons

Notes:

3)What is your view on fictional documentaries?

4) What is your view on Point of View films? (Cloverfield, Blair Witch Project, Etc.)

5)What would be more annoying for you, the viewer, to see in a film…?

A character interacting with a very unrealistic looking creature?

Or

A character never actually seen interacting with the creature on camera?

Notes:

6)In your view, in a film when the world is coming to an end, people should…

Stand together and fight the threat?

Or

Go crazy, riot and fight each other?

Notes:

7)Finally, Audiences love a…

- Happy Ending?

- Sad Ending?

- Surprise Me!

Notes:

Cheers :)

6 - Plot Twists

5 - Good believable acting

2 - Realistic Special effects

1 - Good interesting storyline

4 - Bringing out the audiences emotions (fear, etc.)

3 - Likable Characters

7 - Props, costumes and scenery

Or just see the remake of Battlestar Galactica

That's a hard one. Normal sized spiders are scarier than giant ones. Zombies are only scary if they walk mindlessly and act like zombies should. Yeah, think I'll go with zombies, but only if it's not a confined incident, what makes zombies scary to me is the thought that that is all there is left in the world, civilization is over and only zombies remain.

3 Don't like 'em, just because the Hollywood acting takes the realism away.

Both films you mentioned were well made and the acting was good enough, and "real" enough to not look too much like acting. Don't really like the idea but when it's done well it leads to edge of the seat enjoyment.

Go crazy, riot and fight each other - Realism is the key.

I personaly prefere sad endings, but most don't. I'd go with surprise me.

I like sci-fi films, for me though too many sci-fi films concentrate too much on the technology and not about humanity. The best sci-fi films put people in imaginative situations and then we explore their characters as we see them develop, as they try to manage those situations. The film should leave the viewer asking questions rather than proving them answers.

As Terry Gilliam says, directors like Lucas always gave you nice tidy answers but directors like Kubrick leaves you asking questions.

1)In a Sci-Fi Thriller, What is more important?

(list in order of importance, 1 being the most important)

1 - Good interesting storyline

2 - Bringing out the audiences emotions (fear, etc.)

3 - Likable Characters

4 - Plot Twists

5 - Good believable acting

6 - Realistic Special effects

7 - Props, costumes and scenery

Notes: Not ordinarily a sci-fi fan myself, but if one has an original enough story (say, humanity has gone infertile and no children have been born in 18 years, or a killer cyborg is sent after an ordinary woman and will not stop ever until she's dead) it'll hook me in, so yeah, think that goes at No 1. Characters may not be likeable, but we oughta have some empathy (e.g. Silent Running, where the hero murders his colleagues early on, and we understand completely). Dodgy special effects can be forgiven, if there's enough imagination behind what they're trying to create (see pretty much any Red Dwarf episode).

2)Which is the scariest out of:

(Pick One)

- Giant Spiders

- Zombies

- Vampires

- Evil Robots

- Terrorists

- Freak-Weather

- Dragons

Notes:

Like the first reply, I reckon zombies - if they're done right. Not so wedded to the shuffling mindless type where they're just nameless extras, but there's something very scary about creatures that used to be human, reduced to primal hunger 'n that.

3)What is your view on fictional documentaries?

As comedies, they can be great (if only to string funny scenes together without the story needing an excuse to jump between them), but for more serious topics, the device can wear thin. Liked District 9 a lot, but then it pretty much stopped pretending to be a documentary after the first 20 minutes, and concentrated on telling the story. Which was good.

4) What is your view on Point of View films? (Cloverfield, Blair Witch Project, Etc.)

Cloverfield worked for me, as I liked the characters, but I know people who didn't, and hated it. May depend whose point of view we're getting. Doesn't matter if we're watching the world explode, if we're seeing it through the eyes of a moron I'm going to get bored.

5)What would be more annoying for you, the viewer, to see in a film…?

Or

A character never actually seen interacting with the creature on camera?

Notes:

The character never interacting at all. Either way, it's broken the illusion, but at least unrealistic creatures can be fun. Thinking of the alien in Dark Star that's just a balloon with feet. And it's cool.

6)In your view, in a film when the world is coming to an end, people should…

Stand together and fight the threat?

Or

Go crazy, riot and fight each other?

Notes: Crazy, all the way. Would like to think in a real-life scenario there'd be a few noble heroic souls keeping the torch going, but let's face it...they'll probably be the minority.

7)Finally, Audiences love a…

- Happy Ending?

- Sad Ending?

- Surprise Me!

Notes: Happy ending - but if it's actually going to make me happy, I'll need to be a bit surprised too. Endings where the characters are happy, but have done nothing to earn it or got what they want in a predictable way, just make me sad. Or angry.