Sheffield students

What do you think of students  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of students

• They do my nut in, thinking they are better then the workers
    • I like them, they bring culture
    • They should clean up thier mess and integrete more
    • I dont really care

scumbags dirty tramps they treat where they live/drink like a tip i know they do bring allot of money into sheff economy but they turn nice areas into s**t holes then bugger of with there degree and go get a job sumwhere else. and most of the time they arent doing a course that has any relevance to a carreer

Been pleasantly surprised this year.

They seem much nicer, better behaved and less anti-social than previous years.

Been pleasantly surprised this year.

They seem much nicer, better behaved and less anti-social than previous years.

Thats good to hear!

What a novel thread, I guess non of these similarly titled exampled had quite the same rabble rousing potential?

Sheffield students

Sheffield and Students

For the new students in Sheffield!

scumbags dirty tramps they treat where they live/drink like a tip i know they do bring allot of money into sheff economy but they turn nice areas into s**t holes then bugger of with there degree and go get a job sumwhere else. and most of the time they arent doing a course that has any relevance to a carreer

How about a poll asking folk how long they think you will survive? ;)

Why should a degree have relevance to a career? The students pay for it themselves after all, so it's not much to do with you.

I came here as a student in the early 90's and left in the mid 90's only to return 10 years or so later, and I now employ 4 Sheffielders. When we lived here we transformed the garden at our house from a wasteland to a beautiful space with flowers and herbs, and the inside of the house was immaculate.

But yeah, apart from that I agree with everything you say.

Why should a degree have relevance to a career? The students pay for it themselves after all, so it's not much to do with you.

I came here as a student in the early 90's and left in the mid 90's only to return 10 years or so later, and I now employ 4 Sheffielders. When we lived here we transformed the garden at our house from a wasteland to a beautiful space with flowers and herbs, and the inside of the house was immaculate.

But yeah, apart from that I agree with everything you say.

Students certainly do not pay for all of thier degrees. The tax payer ends up footing the bill for a long time.!

Students certainly do not pay for all of thier degrees. The tax payer ends up footing the bill for a long time.!

And do you imagine that students don't go on to become tax payers?

I would rather have students, who are likely to contribute to the economic system at some point, than some long term benefit claimant who only takes from the system.:)

Indeed they do but, what they pay back is pittence compared to the cost of thier education. The low interest rates at which they pay back thier loans also cost the tax payer.

Do you love em or hate em

Were you a student of English literature? :)

(I'm not an ex-student but I like them.)