Amigos Mexican kitchen , London Road

I have used Justeat and didnt have a problem with delivery time but i think it does depend on the day/time you order as i have ordered chinese on a saturday night and it took about 1.5 hours....

we have started a great lunch time offer , available during week from Tuesday to Thursday from 12: to 4 pm for dining in , please come & ask for lunch time offer next time you visit

LUNCH TIME DEAL AT AMIGOS ( 9.99)

Any two Regular size Burritos or Quesedillas

Cheese Salsa Nachos to share

Tea / coffee

Please accept my apologies for having to wait so long for your food,

We are doing our best to improve on delivery timings, most of the times it is lot quicker now , we have got more drivers doing delivery now , All our food is cooked to order not like most of the takeaways where it is prepared & only boxed when you order , i have to be honest on busy times it does take longer than normal but we always try to give an estimated time to make sure it is ok with the customers , best thing is to ask for estimated delivery time on order & see if it suits you , most of the times estimated time will be 45 minutes to an hour & in very busy periods it can be between hour to hour & half.

we are also planing to start our own online ordering system soon as well & hopefully that should make ordering takeaways lot easier as well.

thanks for your feedback,

Amigos Mexican Kitchen

We're massive fans of Amigos right from when it first opened, the food is delicious.

However, we noticed on the JustEat site that we were no longer in the delivery area, so we rang on a Saturday evening to place an order (about 2 weeks ago). We were told that delivery wouldn't be a problem, had our order taken, and when asked how long delivery would be, was told 2 hours.

I realise it was a Saturday, but i think 2 hours is excessive, so decided not to order in the end. I certainly hope the delivery improves, and that accurate info is supplied to JustEat with regards delivery area (we're in S9 by the way).

Won't stop us coming in if we're around the area though.

Please accept my apologies for having to wait so long for your food,

We are doing our best to improve on delivery timings, most of the times it is lot quicker now , we have got more drivers doing delivery now , All our food is cooked to order not like most of the takeaways where it is prepared & only boxed when you order , i have to be honest on busy times it does take longer than normal but we always try to give an estimated time to make sure it is ok with the customers , best thing is to ask for estimated delivery time on order & see if it suits you , most of the times estimated time will be 45 minutes to an hour & in very busy periods it can be between hour to hour & half.

we are also planing to start our own online ordering system soon as well & hopefully that should make ordering takeaways lot easier as well.

thanks for your feedback,

Amigos Mexican Kitchen

Thanks for the response.

I understand it gets busy. We were told it would be an hour so it was just an extra half hour. Sounds good that you have more drivers now anyway!

That lunchtime special sounds good so look forward to dropping into the restaurant sometime soon.

We have started our own on line ordering system ,You can order takeaways & home delivery on line from our website http://www.amigossheffield.com. Please keep checking our website as we will be putting some fantastic deals exclusively on there soon.

Also want to let you guys know that We will be closed on Christmas day & boxing day , thanks & we wish everyone a merry Christmas .

Amigos Mexican Kitchen

Amigos - Your food is great masha'Allah!! ... we've been many times and are never disappointed.

Are you planning on expanding at any time soon? There have been a number of occasions we have wanted to come as a large group but the thought of getting there and there not being enough space has sadly put us off :(

It would be great if you do!

Is is ran by the same people who ran it as an Irish Kitchen? If so, what made them turn Mexican?

And if they are good cooks - then why didn't the Irish one succeed and why should the Mexican one be any better?

Is it a case of the cooking being no better but the type of food being more fashionable?

Is is ran by the same people who ran it as an Irish Kitchen? If so, what made them turn Mexican?

And if they are good cooks - then why didn't the Irish one succeed and why should the Mexican one be any better?

Is it a case of the cooking being no better but the type of food being more fashionable?

You void the next three questions with the first answer....No.

You void the next three questions with the first answer....No.

good!

but what a coincidence they chose such a similar name, and appearance, for the place eh? You'd have thought that they would want to distance themselves from the previously failed venture and make it obviously new and different.

I'm still a little suspicious I have to admit...:suspect:

I was under the impression the Irish place closed due to ill health but could be wrong.