Amigos Mexican kitchen , London Road

I've ordered from there twice in the past few weeks since reading good reviews on here! Fantastic food. Would like to maybe see something other than steak and chicken on the meat side of things. I spent 3 months in Mexico last year and had a lot of chorizo and pork... so maybe something for the future? Still, great food at very reasonable prices.

Unlikely in a halal restaurant!

Fantastic food ... one of our favourite haunts at the moment! Keep up the good work ;)

Unlikely in a halal restaurant!

Ahhhh, very true. My apologies, I overlooked this fact! :roll:

I like Mexican but don't like to spicy, Amigos delivery was either spice or no flavour!

Amigo's is a great mexican resto which offers a lot of varaities..

This is crazy, been waiting since 7.25 pm for our food and still nothing. Not a way I would expect to run a business. Was really looking forward to this and cannot beleive that it would take over 2 hours to deliver a takeaway!!

Called 1 hour after we ordered and was promised 25 mins later. Called again after the two hour mark and still another 20 minutes!!!

2 and an half hour wait for a delivery!!!!!!

Edited by chrisyb

yep, ive had the same experience with them,,,,2.30hrs i waited, having called twice and promised itll be 20mins both times, in the end i called and cancelled!.......strangely i got 2 calls from 0800reverse about 10mins later, filled with swearing, ive no idea if it was the place or not, but id never had calls before from 0800reverse and i havent since. the calls could just have been one of them things i guess. but on the waiting time alone i wont be ordering from there again.

They were declining orders via just eat. Apparently just too busy. I got a call from just eat soon after ordering apologising and explaining why. My card was refunded and I ordered elsewhere.

I ordered online last night (Saturday) and the food came about 10 minutes later than scheduled. Mind you, this was early in the evening - 6.00pm.

Food delicious as always and excellent value with 10% off for online orders. The delivery man even refused the £2 that we owed from the last order when the guy didn't have the right change. It will go into the next charidy box that I see.

I ordered online last night (Saturday) and the food came about 10 minutes later than scheduled. Mind you, this was early in the evening - 6.00pm.

Food delicious as always and excellent value with 10% off for online orders. The delivery man even refused the £2 that we owed from the last order when the guy didn't have the right change. It will go into the next charidy box that I see.

Ordered last night on-line at nine. Expected in 90 mins arrived in 30mins excellent service and excellent food as always

Ordered last night on-line at nine. Expected in 90 mins arrived in 30mins excellent service and excellent food as always

Lucky you, i've tried to order afew times and it either it takes an hour and a half or 2 hours. Last time i ordered it was through just eat and they just rejected the order, won't be ordering again.

Nice food terrible service in my opinion.

I honestly think that they should review their involvement with just-eat and delivering. On personal experience and evidence on here, it seems that that its tarnishing its own reputation.

Maybe they should switch to doing collection only and/or dining in.

The food is great, but i'm reluctant to order based on past experiences.

I know the owner has posted in the past, so it would be good to hear their views.