Amigos Mexican kitchen , London Road

Popped in for lunch today. We had chicken mole gordita and a vegetable burrito, with cheese nachos to share. The food was very good, plenty of flavour although perhaps lacking a bit of heat. This was remedied by requesting a small bowl of chopped jalapenos, which came free. The quantities were about right for lunch and, with two excellent coffees, came to about £14.00.

This is the best mexican food I have had in Sheff! There was one other occupied table and a steady stream of takeaway orders during our visit. Not bad for a Wednesday lunchtime, so I have high hopes that this place will thrive.

I went in the other day, and had the Chilli Beef Burrito as a take out :love: really enjoyed the food, and the little pots of dip they give you were a nice touch.

It tasted totally fresh too, so worth waiting a little longer for. I'll be going back for sure :thumbsup:

We visited the other day - very tasty indeed. Agree with the other comments re the nachos, would be better if home made rather than bought in ones and a little more spicy-ness on the salad dressing.

I split with the OH a Chilli Beef Gordita and a Chicken Burrito. Both very tasty possibly needs a bit more corrianda and spice for me but both delish

One suggestion would be that you could get refried beans on as a side dish (I love those beans) and possibly a price list showing how much the flour/salsa/mole/tortilla press etc are - I do love buying stuff like that.

Loved it tho will come again

Edited by officegirl
crazy spelling

thank you all for visiting Amigos & all your nice comments & suggestions .

we will work on nachos , it is the way our kitchen is set up makes it difficult to make nachos in house , but definitely it is something we will look into in near future . Also i will put a price list for all the retail products , most of the products you see for retail are sold with very little margin ,the idea behind putting these products in the shop is to familiarise people with the ingredients that we use in our kitchen.

thanks & hope we see you again .

Might I suggest some photos (if possble) of 'Mi Amigo' and it's crew on the walls. They crashed their Flying Fortress into the woods in Endcliffe Park in order not to bring down the aircraft on children playing football in the park, killing all 12 of them.

They were Mexican American WW11 heroes, I bet they would have loved your place.

The crew of the plane were very young american men - not mexican - as you will see in the register at St Augustines (Brocco Bank - they hold a service for them every year) but the plane was called mi amigo, so I see where the mexican thing comes into it!

I just went past today and saw that this cafe has popped up - will have to look in and give it a try at the weekend - It'll be packed when the festival is on!

Will be calling down to give the food a try.

Really looking forward to this, I love Tacos and Nachos! :love:

Do you do any sort of set menu especially to take away for a meal for two, or have any recommendations? Maybe a few different things, so it could almost look home made?! :hihi:

You so need to do Margaritas - they are my favorite drink in the world!

yum, we called in for tea tonight - had corn & pepper enchilada & vegetable burrito & side of nachos. Very enjoyable - looking forward to working our way down the menu :)

Boyfriend and I went in after work on Thurs to get a chicken mole burrito and chicken mole gordita and nachos to go. In hindsight should've gotten different fillings but at the price and how tasty it was, I'd pop in again to try the rest of the things on the menu!

I agree with everyone else - went in for lunch today and it was delicious. Freshly made and very reasonably priced.

I, too, would have preferred a bit more spice - could you offer a side order of jalapenos?

what are the opening times for this place?

Would like to go down soon. Is it open in the evenings at the weekend or just standard cafe hours?