Rude morrisons staff..

ive been in morrisons at hillsborough today and could not believe the member of staff that severed me. he kept turning his nose up and criticizing my shopping :loopy::rant: now i wouldn't have minded so much if it was once but it was every other thing, saying things like "that looks disgusting" or " ergh... i don't know how you could eat that"

In the end i told him it was a good job he wasn't expected to eat it and that id appreciate it if he would get on with scanning my shopping and not criticise what i was buying.

has anyone else come across this??

:o that's awful, I've never had an experience like that in that store or anywhere else.... I think I would have complained to the manager to be honest!

:o that's awful, I've never had an experience like that in that store or anywhere else.... I think I would have complained to the manager to be honest!

he was the manager.

ive been in morrisons at hillsborough today and could not believe the member of staff that severed me. he kept turning his nose up and criticizing my shopping :loopy::rant: now i wouldn't have minded so much if it was once but it was every other thing, saying things like "that looks disgusting" or " ergh... i don't know how you could eat that"

In the end i told him it was a good job he wasn't expected to eat it and that id appreciate it if he would get on with scanning my shopping and not criticise what i was buying.

has anyone else come across this??

My God, what did he cut off!!! :o

Sorry, couldn't resist. Never shopped in that branch, so can't comment on your experience. Have a chat with the manager maybe?

i did talk to "costumer services" if thats what you want to call them, was told because no other member of staff hear it nothing could be done :roll::huh:

What! That's ridiculous!

I used to shop there all the time but prefer the one by Parkway now, seems less crowded usually.

What! That's ridiculous!

I used to shop there all the time but prefer the one by Parkway now, seems less crowded usually.

well i dont normally go to that one but i know now its the last time im going to be going

It wasn't the ginger guy with the spectacles was it?? He seems to like making comments on what you've bought as he scans them and then generally remarks how awful the customers are and what a bad day he's having!!

Barely a week passes without a Morrisons rant on here! I feel like I am missing out having never really had reason to complain about Morrisons. :D

Most checkout staff are on minimum wage I would imagine so there are bound to be a few who aren't great, and only do it due to lack of options. I am sure internal disciplinary procedures will deal with them eventually.

It wasn't the ginger guy with the spectacles was it?? He seems to like making comments on what you've bought as he scans them and then generally remarks how awful the customers are and what a bad day he's having!!

Haha I now avoid him at all cost. I want to get in do my shopping and get out without having to discuss every item I am purchasing.

We went on Sunday to the Hillsborough one and the male that served me was very ignorant. He was staring into space, he would scan an item and then get distracted with something happening on one of the other tills whilst we were still waiting for the next item to pack. When he finished I stood looking at him for him to inform me of the balance and he just had the most vacant look on his face I have ever seen. I finally just handed him the cash and he stared at the notes for a while, opened the till, yawned, put the money in then sat yawning a bit more, looked up at me then started getting my change (still yawning) I think you may get the gist of this now!

We have complained to the manager about cashier staff before and it got us no where, they do take the side of the staff and you are left feeling like you were just making it up!

I work in retail myself and if any of my staff were found doing this we would be having a serious word with them, I don't enjoy being at work either but at the end of the day I know the customers are keeping me in a job.

no it wasn't him, he did it to the poor old lady in front of me too, she was far from impressed :hihi:

His name and some identifier will be on your till receipt. Report him to head office.