Memories of Woodthorpe area

Halevan and anone who went to Prince Edwards

Can anyone tell me if they can remember the Woodthorpe pit or Woodthorpe Ravine and the Orchards which were down the back of where St Theresa,s is now, Does anyone have any memories of Ten Town just off Woodgrove Avenue ?

Ta Mo

can remember ten town. my nan and aunties still live on woodthorpe. they have done for years, my mum used to play on it when she was little. A man called joe warrel some others blokes ran it.

do you know anyone named edna, sister barbara? you should know the goodwins if you know ten town! take care

Oi!! The Goodwins!! That's my family!!

Chloé

Chloe

Did your mum go to ten town when she was younger, i only went a couple of times and remember it all being made of wooden planks. it was great fun !

Mo

Yeh, me mam spent a lot of time there apparently. You'll have to ask her next time you see her.

Chloé

Originally posted by Maureen

Halevan and anone who went to Prince Edwards

Can anyone tell me if they can remember the Woodthorpe pit or Woodthorpe Ravine and the Orchards which were down the back of where St Theresa,s is now, Does anyone have any memories of Ten Town just off Woodgrove Avenue ?

Ta Mo

Hi M I helped build Tentown,with a class from Newfield School,my wife who lived around the corner fell off it & broke a tooth ,I still get called to this day LOL.A lot of my Family come from the Woodthorpe Chadwick Road,I used to stay at my Aunties when my parents went away on holiday,i was 18 at the time & I used to drink at the High Noon & I used to take my younger cousin Alan Cutts & buy him a pint naughty me.great days.My family lived on Chadwick road.

Originally posted by chellie

can remember ten town. my nan and aunties still live on woodthorpe. they have done for years, my mum used to play on it when she was little. A man called joe warrel some others blokes ran it.

do you know anyone named edna, sister barbara? you should know the goodwins if you know ten town! take care

Hi C my wife lived around the corner from Tentown the Lingards.I helped build Tentown a class from Newfield were volunteered to go .my wife fell off & broke a tooth .I got the blame.My family also come from the Manor & the Woodthorpe

I can recall playing on ten town as a kid on my way to visit family who still lived on the Woodthorpe estate at that time. Although I'd been briefed that it was frequented by a rough lot!

but I survived.

Not bad when you consider that my forebears had escaped the deprivation of the 1920's slum clearances to live on the Woodthorpe estate where each house had it's own toilet.

Admittedly it was on the other side of the porch!

I am wife of Owdlad and I was born & bred on Woodthorpe. I lived on Mosborough Road can remember most of the name mentioned on this site along with many more,Murdocks,Deakins,Coopers to name but a few I spent a very happy childhood in and around the Woodthorpe.

i remember ten town,i used to live up the road from it on holbrook road,went to woodthorpe school any one remember mr sallis,he used to stand on a chair to cane you and always called you a pikehand.whatever that may be....in the winter we used to sledge from st theresas all the way down the field to the spring wood...my first pint was in the high noon pub.years ago but seems like yesterday...cheers..a tyrrell

Originally posted by owdlad

I am wife of Owdlad and I was born & bred on Woodthorpe. I lived on Mosborough Road can remember most of the name mentioned on this site along with many more,Murdocks,Deakins,Coopers to name but a few I spent a very happy childhood in and around the Woodthorpe.

Owdlad do you know any of the Cutts family & Mcloughlins from Chadwick Road.