Sign in to follow this  

Cheapest place to buy used PC parts

I need:

1 x PC case (ATX with PSU).

1 x Monitor or LCD (15" or 17").

Cheapish and soonish.

Any ideas where I can buy this stuff in Sheffs?

Cheers.

EBuyer.com.

Buy from their site, and either wait for it to be delivered or fetch it from their place down Attercliffe, near the Woodbourn Road Supertram stop.

Cheers Rich :thumbsup:

Looking for used stuff I can get like tommoz, thanks anyway matey.

Niece's birthday and I need to build her a PC ...

:)

Eeewww dont buy didley squat from Ebuyer!!!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread/t-53501.html

or search "Ebuyer Rant" or "I hate Ebuyer" in Google. You'll see lots of people complaining about their legendry bad service. Especially don’t buy a LCD from them, if there are any dead pixels they'll tell you it’s acceptable in the industry and tell you to sod off!

in all honesty though serapis..... all large companies will always have horror stories though,people exagerrate when they dont get what they want.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

in all honesty though serapis..... all large companies will always have horror stories though,people exagerrate when they dont get what they want.

How many of the larger PC supplier companies have been banned from advertising in PC magazines?

The simple fact is Ebuyer are terrible and well known for it. I know, I’ve dealt with them on a professional basis and I would never EVER use them again and i'm not exaggerating a single thing!

my mate is the buyer at ebuyer, i can't complain about anything i've ever bought, i've even had a faster delivery time than i paid for.they did have terrible problems when they were reorganising but i think in principle most problems have been ironed out.

re: LCd - all lcd's are sold under the same principle. if u have insurance for a new tv from Dixons etc. they will not replace your set.

the number of pixels have to be within a square inch ie grouped together. 50 or 100 single pixels is acceptable & you have to grin & bear it.

Originally posted by willman

my mate is the buyer at ebuyer, i can't complain about anything i've ever bought, i've even had a faster delivery time than i paid for.they did have terrible problems when they were reorganising but i think in principle most problems have been ironed out.

re: LCd - all lcd's are sold under the same principle. if u have insurance for a new tv from Dixons etc. they will not replace your set.

the number of pixels have to be within a square inch ie grouped together. 50 or 100 single pixels is acceptable & you have to grin & bear it.

Not true, Samsung will replace your monitor if you have 7 dead pixels on the monitor, no matter how spread out. Trust me, I got a new 15" LCD from them because I had 8 dead pixels. Different companies have different limits, some won't accept 1, others will accept up to 15.

From Tom's Hardware

thats good to know, 'cos its stopped me buying a giant lcd tv.

i might consider buying one now.

Originally posted by Jamie

I need:

1 x PC case (ATX with PSU).

1 x Monitor or LCD (15" or 17").

Cheapish and soonish.

Any ideas where I can buy this stuff in Sheffs?

Cheers.

A1 computers on London Road bottom, the case with or without PSU will be around a fiver. for a screen, E-Buyer indeed

Nothing wrong with ebuyer, you get what you pay for.