Anyone suffer with depression?

You might get a better response on the disabilities and carers section Jason :)

If you are looking for advice, just do a search on here, theres been loads of threads about depression with some excellent advice given. If they do not answer feel free to post any questions, lots of people on here have experiences and are generally a friendly bunch.

Depression eh. Been there, got the t-shirt, had the tabs, did the attempted suicide thing. Its all bad.

In the end it took nothing more simple (in theory) than a change of attitude.

I decided there was light at the end of the tunnel, i just had to look hard enough.

Im not going to tell you to 'keep your chin up' or 'think of those less fortunate than yourself' (two sterling pieces of advce i was given by my doctor) but what i am going to so is if someoe like me can get over depression and lead a normal productive life after years on the scrapheap then anyone can.

If you want to talk privatly, go for a pint or just sound off at someone then pm me anytime.

:)

Hi Jason

listen to mikmouse he talks from experience..from my own experience the night time is the hardest, i used to check out what time the sun came up and guess at this time of year it's in about 3 hours..not long..new day. There is help and support out there and many good people, you've took a big step asking for help, your next step is allowing others to give you that help. x

ive never had it thankfully but when im down i remember a saying my mate told me....the darkest hour of your life is only 60 minutes long.

hope you pull yourself thruogh ...good luck mate

Speak to your GP, they will be able to help as there are lots of ways to treat it. They might prescribe drugs if suitable. Counciling can help get to the cause and help you through it. Additionally regular excercise is a great help because it gets good chemicals flowing. I hope you are able to get help and support, you're not alone.

Speak to your GP, they will be able to help as there are lots of ways to treat it. They might prescribe drugs if suitable. Counciling can help get to the cause and help you through it. Additionally regular excercise is a great help because it gets good chemicals flowing. I hope you are able to get help and support, you're not alone.

I totally agree with this advice. There are a number of ways to treat depression, and you may need a combination of approaches. Anti-depressents often get a bad press, but they work extremely well if properly prescribed and properly monitored by a GP who understands the condition. They are not addictive, although if stopped abruptly or too soon, the symptoms can return. Some experts suggest you should continue taking them for 6 months to a year after the symptoms disappear in order to prevent the condition recurring. Depression is a horrible, horrible illness. See your GP asap, and if you feel your GP doesn't understand, see a diffreent one. Good luck - it won't last forever!

iv had it around ten years and nothing will ever get better, tried everythin goin, group therapy, management groups, antidepressants, cbt, councilling the lot

think im doomed

iv had it around ten years and nothing will ever get better, tried everythin goin, group therapy, management groups, antidepressants, cbt, councilling the lot

think im doomed

no your not it just feels like that,

my sister suffererd with it for 20 years and now she is training to be a therapist type person for others who suffer too.

It has been a tough journey and she got sectioned a few years ago but she has come through it she has come off her meds now and she had to seriously look at her life and those in it and make some tough decisions and changes and it has worked out for her but she is still taking one day at a time.

i remember her telling me you have to learn to live WITH it before you can see living without it.

good luck to you and all the best its not impossible its just really tough.

xxx

You aren't doomed. None of us are.

I've had very negative experiences of antidepressants (tried several, both SSRIs and SNRIs and had appalling side effects and no noticeable difference to the depression) so I've given up on drugs and I'm now working very hard with some really good counselling to look at my issues and how I manage my mood/life with an aim to achieving a good balance and working around the depression and disabilities.

I really hope that you find the right way for you- if you go into any sort of treatment believing it will fail you're making life very hard for yourself though.