Good cheap safe places to rent a flat in Sheffield?

I'm quite new to Sheffield and am moving there this September for a new job.

Can anyone suggest some good cheap places to rent that will allow me to park my car there? I've heard quite a lot of properties require you to pay £60 a year for a parking permit. That should be OK.

I'm looking for either a room or flat and don't mind sharing.

I'm quite new to Sheffield and am moving there this September for a new job.

Can anyone suggest some good cheap places to rent that will allow me to park my car there? I've heard quite a lot of properties require you to pay £60 a year for a parking permit. That should be OK.

I'm looking for either a room or flat and don't mind sharing.

What do you think of as cheap?

I've 2 contacts whom are living in places with the following rent which I will assume is cheap for Sheffield:

£270 a month including water, gas, electricity bills, council tax, parking space and TV license. Excluding internet. She gets this as part of working for her company.

£200 a month including water, gas, electricity bills. Excluding council tax, internet, parking permit and TV license. This person has been living in the house for 4 years with all their male friends. They want to keep it as a "bachelor only pad"

I've 2 contacts whom are living in places with the following rent which I will assume is cheap for Sheffield:

£270 a month including water, gas, electricity bills, council tax, parking space and TV license. Excluding internet. She gets this as part of working for her company.

£200 a month including water, gas, electricity bills. Excluding council tax, internet, parking permit and TV license. This person has been living in the house for 4 years with all their male friends. They want to keep it as a "bachelor only pad"

I think for that you'll need to either be sharing, or you'll be in a dodgy area and a very small place (such as a tiny 1 bedroom over a takeaway for example).

Have a look on Right Move, there are a fair few for that budget. I'm not sure which areas you are looking at, if you are wanting safe you are probably best looking in the S11 area but you'' certainly need to share, and you may get parking for the amount you said.

Edited by Paul2412

There are loads of shared houses for professionals in the S10/S11/S7 area and possibley S8.

S10 & s11 will be the most expensive generally + some parts of S7 and then S7 & S8 will be very similar.

There are some advertised on here.

I shortly lived in a 1 bedroom flat above an antique shop on Abbeydale Road (close to city centre, does not YET have parking permits). It was small, but had seperate bathroom and bedroom and then an open plan kitchen/ lounge. It included Gas, electric, water rates and council tax. They only thing I paid for was the internet and telephone. I only paid £365.00 pcm and thought that was dirt cheap.

i think you'd be lucky to find a studio/1-bed for that budget. have a look at flat sharing... gumtree is pretty good

Sheffield, City centre, S3 8NR

1 double bedroom with ensuite available in luxury 2 bedroom coode house. Fully furnished and very clean, has all modern amenities. Flat is close to shops, restaurants, bus and train and is within 5 mins walk to University of Sheffield and Hallamshire and Children's hospitals. Rent (excluding bills) £300 for the room.

Please provide your email address so that we can send the photos of the flat.

To arrange viewing plz call or text 07552168708 or email [email protected]. Thanks. Vish

I think for that you'll need to either be sharing, or you'll be in a dodgy area and a very small place (such as a tiny 1 bedroom over a takeaway for example).

Have a look on Right Move, there are a fair few for that budget. I'm not sure which areas you are looking at, if you are wanting safe you are probably best looking in the S11 area but you'' certainly need to share, and you may get parking for the amount you said.

For me, I don't mind sharing at all.

The main thing now is a short minimum rent period (about 4 months min is what I at least need til October).

Is it possible to use these boards to advertise and find people??

For me, I don't mind sharing at all.

The main thing now is a short minimum rent period (about 4 months min is what I at least need til October).

Is it possible to use these boards to advertise and find people??

Yes. You need to post in the marketplace and I am sure you will get lots of replies from potential landlords.

Edited by jenand8285

I am too looking for the same as, I am coming Sheffield in some months and as I am a single so, I am looking for 1bhk studio flat there, which will not rent me heavy but the location should be quite good.

Thanks

Hi,

I've just seen your ad on this forum and I want to offer you a room in Hillsborough (Sheffield) Transport and shops 5 minutes to walk. Tram is going to City Centre in every 10 minutes.

Room £180+ bills, furnished, internet. Available from 24 July.

Regards,

Laszlo

Could look in S2 areas as well - Lancing Road, Edmund Road, Shoreham St and vicinity? It's fairly safe and parking in front of my road doesn't require permit, even though they've rolled out a permit scheme for a few roads in the area recently. Only thing would be bit of noise from Bramall Lane whenever game's on, and the top bits of Edmund Road (near the playground) is a bit dodgy. Also could look on Myrtle Road and Granville Road, etc? Houses here tend to be cheaper than S8 or S7 areas.

And overall its near enough to walk into city centre and just a short walk to London Road, and I don't usually pay over £200 a month for rents, bills and council tax in a shared house with a few friends.