Bookshop in Hillsborough - just opened

Getting back on topic, has anyone else been in to have a look round yet?

I went in on Saturday and it's pretty decent. At the moment it's heavily skewed towards fiction but the owner is a very nice chap who's very keen to know what sort of books people want so no doubt the range of books will be broadened. I wish them all the best. :-)

sigh gets the point but cba to continue a pointless thread just would like to park outside my house and not have to trudge up or down with heavy shopping ect not much to ask,and a permit scheme was wanted but the powers that be decidied they wouldnt be implementing it on our street so guess i have to hope people think about others not i can park where i want because i can ............. end of.

it's not a pointless thread at all - just a thread that you have hijacked with a nimby whinge.

as a resident of hillsborough, i'm quite happy to swap some occasional parking inconvenience for a useful shopping centre. no one ever came to any harm because they had to walk a few yards to their house.

lah lah lah lah wont bring up the spondylosis pain arthritis ect issue awww poor me nimby whinger! and yes i have a disabled bay halfway in front of my house but dont use it no badge that would be rude!

And back to subject of books will have to go take a look just hope it lasts longer than some shops that come and go apart from whinging and hijacking i like to read :)

You've got a disabled badge but don't use it? Well that gives you even less right to whinge!

lah lah lah lah wont bring up the spondylosis pain arthritis ect issue awww poor me nimby whinger! and yes i have a disabled bay halfway in front of my house but dont use it no badge that would be rude!

And back to subject of books will have to go take a look just hope it lasts longer than some shops that come and go apart from whinging and hijacking i like to read :)

well, you either need a disabled bay or you don't. you can't have it both ways. if you are unable to walk more than a few yards then you should apply for a badge, and use it accordingly. as others have said, you don't have any kind of intrinsic right to park on the stretch of road outside your house.

but indeed: i hope the book shop does well. i'll be down as soon as possible to stock up / trade off. shops of this kind will only work with local support ie: not shopping in crystal peakes if you live in hillsborough! :hihi:

groans !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i actually work with the people who do car badges so im well aware of the rules thanks,unfortunately im not disabled enough!! but that dosent mean to say its easy to walk when in pain and carry shopping bags.I actually go to Crystal Peaks because my daughter lives there,so we meet and go round there dont judge or comment before you know the facts :)

i'm not judging you at all. i am passing comment on your posts and complaints, based on their contents - surely that's fair game? if you don't want people to comment on your posts negatively, then make your points with more clarity.

the fact is you are complaining about people traveling to hillsborough to shop and support our local businesses, on the basis that it casues you some inconvenience (though not so big an inconvenience that you are eligable to claim any help). that still sounds a little bit like a nimby whinge to me.as far as geography my sister in law lives in beighton, so we go there often. it doesn't prevent me from using the shops in our own community though. :)

sorry moke i wasnt complaining about anyone coming to hillsborough to shop or otherwise i was actually only stating i wish they would use the 4 car parks therefore freeing spaces left for residents.If the facilities were not available fair enough, thats what i was whinging about the abundance of car parks and people using spaces when they dont need to,i feel you have been a bit harsh ie as i cant or dont claim benefits,i work full time and dont feel the need to,most likely because im able to walk distances further than the criteria states.And as we all know its better to work given i like my job,all i asked for is people maybe to use a car park not being negative or a nimby or whinger sorry you felt the need to have a go when i was just stating what i would like in an ideal world.

right....now thats all out of the way.....any more reviews of the new book shop yet?

ive got tomorrow aftrenoon off and no other plans than doing some gardening and letting the handy man in.....and the shop isnt open! typical! lol :roll:

x

right....now thats all out of the way.....any more reviews of the new book shop yet?

ive got tomorrow aftrenoon off and no other plans than doing some gardening and letting the handy man in.....and the shop isnt open! typical! lol :roll:

x

..just be careful where you park when you do go sophiec ;)

x

As I've already mentioned, it's currently skewed heavily towards fiction but pretty decent nonetheless. Anyone else been in yet?

As I've already mentioned, it's currently skewed heavily towards fiction but pretty decent nonetheless. Anyone else been in yet?

I went in on Saturday and bought a couple of books - there a good selection of current fiction - which suits me anyway. I mentioned an author, and the chap in the shop pointed me to it straight away.

I also asked about a book exchange, and he said they are hoping to start one soon, once they've been open for a little while. I told him I'd heard of the shop via SF - and he said I wasn't the first to mention it. The shop is open Thurs, Fri, Sat atm.

And, I walked there.