Millhouses Park Play Area - DOGS? Opinions needed!!

Would love to know what people's opinions are regarding dogs in the play area at Millhouses Park. Originally the ruling was that dogs were not permitted anywhere in the play area (inside the gates), but this has now been relaxed slightly to mean that dogs are not allowed in the SPLASH area, but are in the playground area if they are on a lead.

What do you guys think the rules should be?

no dogs in parks will be the rule when I am Lord Mayor.

no dogs in parks will be the rule when I am Lord Mayor.

No Smiths in the town hall will be my rule when I'm the prime minister. :hihi:

No dogs full stop. Hillsborough park grass and often the paths are disgusting - should not be near childrens play area - even if poop wiped up it can leave a mess behind - and dogs on leads still not always a safe option

no cats when i'm in power and no emmajays the little hitlers! lol

The refurbished play area in Endcliffe and at Forge dam do not allow dogs within the fenced area, and people seem to respect it.

no dogs in ANY park.

i know lots of people who are scared of them and it takes away the fun of Milhouses.

I have a dog and I think dogs should not allowed to be in any of the fenced in play areas. Any sensible dog owner would keep clear of childrens play areas anyway even if they are not fenced in and when you walk past have your dog on lead. It's for the dogs safety as they should not have to cope with childen running and screaming around them so it makes sense to stay clear. Personally I think Millhouses park is too small and busy for off lead dogs in the day during the summer months and the woods are just on the opposite side of the road were dogs can have a lovely time.

Edited by Evei

Personally I agree - Ecclesall Woods make a much better dog walking area away from the hustle of the park...

I'm glad someone talk sense! I have 2 young children who are so scared when dogs walk past them on leads nevermind running free. I love dogs my self and think they are part of the family but there's a time and a place for them to run free and the playground isn't one of them!!

I have a dog and agree that dogs should not be allowed in any childrens playing area. There are plenty of areas to excercise dogs off the lead. Please Please will all dog owners scoop after their dog poops and place it in the bins provided, it's your dog so it's your responcibility, stop getting the rest of us who always scoop a bad press.

When was this rule changed? I've seen the signs saying no dogs in the children's play area, but not ones saying they can go in the splash bit. My opinion is that the original rule was best i.e no dogs in the children's play area (including the splash bit). There's plenty more park to take your dog in.