Anyone had a fake £75 online Dettol voucher at Asda online shopping?

Asda do not accept the contract until you deliver. eVouchers can be withdrawn retrospectively, and whilst a hold is placed on credit card funds, no transaction takes place until you have accepted your order.

The point of 'offering' in the contract is where Asda turn up at your house and quote you the price. You then have the opportunity to accept or decline that contract.

All covered by their terms and conditions, and a myriad of case law based on previous shopping site 'glitches'

edit: that said, it's clear that some people are getting the voucher honoured, and there have been receipts uploaded on other forums. It'll be interesting what their position is on that...

This would be true if ASDA did not take payment until delivery, but from what I understand they take the money straight away. The sale has been completed and they cannot retrospectively change the terms of sale.

This is one of the reasons most online retailers do not bill you until your order has been dispatched such as Amazon etc.

I have phone ASDA to find out exactly what has happened as this also happened to me. They said that the voucher was a result of a 'technical error on the website'.

When I said that someone had been told that the website had been hacked and i was worried about bank information he dismissed it and said the website was extremely secure.

He also said that everyone will be receiving a £5 good will voucher and also a free delivery voucher.

When I asked if there were any winners to the Dettol Competition he replied 'No, there were no winners at all'

Is there anyone a little confused by this??!??!??

This would be true if ASDA did not take payment until delivery, but from what I understand they take the money straight away. The sale has been completed.

This is one of the reasons most online retailers do not bill you until your order has been dispatched such as Amazon etc.

Actually, I think most online grocers charge the account on the day of delivery, when the goods are physically processed through the checkout.

i ordered my shopping yesterday so payment from bank went on hold at 12midnight. for todays delivery..

Asda turn up at your door and ask for the price agreed and £75 extra.

This is a con so that you do your shopping and when it is delivered they hope that you will just pay the extra to save going out again to re-do all of your shopping.

All asda are offering is a £5 voucher plus free delivery, like anyone in their right mind is going to just accept that - £70 down?

They are an absolute joke and we all need to stand up for out rights - we received the voucher in good faith and now we have been left out of pocket or have no food in the cupboards and have to wait for them to process a refund in a few days time before we can afford to shop elsewhere.

I am fighting to get them to uphold their 'mistake' as it is not their customers fault.

Please join my facebook group to make them honor their promises

just search 'do not shop at asda- scam- beware' in the facebook search bar.

Thank you.

i didnt get offered a £5 voulcher r free delivery. looks like there just giving ramdom people them. i was told on phone by asda it was a scam and the delivery driver told me it was a tecnical mistake...so which 1 is it ???????

This falls in line with all the other internet 'mispricing' incidents that have been posted on the forum over the past few years, e.g. £1 televisions etc.

It states on Asda's own website that they do not charge your card until the food is delivered. I quote; "Your payment card will be debited for the full amount once we have delivered your goods." Therefore they are well within their rights to cancel the order if the customer will not pay the correct amount. In the past some retailers have offered some customers the product(s) at the wrong price but this is purely a goodwill gesture.

In short, it sucks, but they have every right to cancel.

Can you still get the discount now or has it been withdrawn?

I'm about ready to refill the freezer....

Was there ever a discount offer or was it a mistake or was it the result of a 'hack'?

Asda do not accept the contract until you deliver. eVouchers can be withdrawn retrospectively, and whilst a hold is placed on credit card funds, no transaction takes place until you have accepted your order.

The point of 'offering' in the contract is where Asda turn up at your house and quote you the price. You then have the opportunity to accept or decline that contract.

All covered by their terms and conditions, and a myriad of case law based on previous shopping site 'glitches'

edit: that said, it's clear that some people are getting the voucher honoured, and there have been receipts uploaded on other forums. It'll be interesting what their position is on that...

Indeed. If you order an item (or even a list of items) from Asda, they deliver it and you reject the order, would you be happy for them to sue you for 'breach of contract'? - It works both ways.

A contract requires an an offer, an acceptance and 'valuable consideration'.

1st option:

You place an order online. An 'offer to buy'. Asda accept your offer. - Do we have a contract yet? - If so and if you change your mind, Asda could sue you.

Alternatively:

You indicate an intention (or a wish) to buy. Asda deliver the items to your house and offer to sell them to you. You now have a chance to accept their offer (having inspected the merchandise) or to reject it.

Which do you prefer? - You can't have it both ways.

yes but they took my money b4 contacting me which is unfair

yes but they took my money b4 contacting me which is unfair

Helandy,

I think you should contact consumer direct and maybe even watchdog about this.

But please do not ignore this, it was posted for your benefit:

Helandy- please stop posting in textspk.

It's against forum rules, lots of people either can't read it or don't like it and there's no need for it in a forum post which is not limited in characters.

It was for your benefit but you seem to have ignored the polite reminder.