England Vs USA tonight - Megathread

Does this thread win the "Swinging wildly off topic" award for 2010?

Forums are a bit like driving: they never bring out the best in people. Show me a forum where there's no flaming and I'll show you, er, no forums.

Well 3 cheers for you so it seems a "grateful nation" can't find work for someone injured fighting a war in Iraq started by your government

Well what about those brave men and women who will not be coming home

That's reality for you

While no doubt everyone including me are grateful that your son returned back to his wife and children many more won't from MY country as well

That's reality for you

Before you get on your high horse I am not anti war but no doubt you won't believe me but am I bothered no

My son failed the medical when he left school to join the Army (all he ever wanted to do and with my full support) for being underweight so he tried for the Navy same result then the RAF same again so he spent 2 years working weight training and eating like a horse before applying again same thing it seems that no matter what he does he can't put weight on he is now 30 and weighs 9 stone wet through

His eldest son (8) also wants to join the army

Also before you start picking spots about my post read it

No on second thought I wouldn't want to put you to too much trouble for some one your age so here is what I said

"Connecticut 5 hours behind us so according to my reckoning its about 14:30 now"

There was nothing I said was intended to say anything bad about your country's contribution to the wars. It was a simple fact that I grieve for my grandkids growing up so far from us. If you knew that Connecticut was five hours behind why did you have to assume I was in England and accuse mme of being a liar. As it is I almost failed to enter yhe navy as I was only 140 pounds, right on the limit. I sometimes wished after that I'd been 130 pounds. I stayed that way till I got married. I'm now 225 pounds.:)

Good news Tim Howard cleared to play goalie for the US against Slovenia tomorrow.

Guess it's early up for me as it starts 6:30 AM our time

Those daft trumpets that sound like millions of insects are a nuisance though

Edited by Harleyman

Good news Tim Howard cleared to play goalie for the US against Slovenia tomorrow.

Guess it's early up for me as it starts 6:30 AM our time

Those daft trumpets that sound like millions of insects are a nuisance though

I've bet 1-0 to your boys, don't let me down!

I've bet 1-0 to your boys, don't let me down!

We hope not to.

I had Spain over Switzerland so I'm a few bucks down at the local sports bar

Drop Rooney start with Crouch and Defoe,Rooney may be better used as a "super" sub,at least he will be fired up sitting on the bench

I think you have it there!