Anyone know what happened at the Anvil, Stannington Road?

I can't believe this has happened - am in total shock.

My heart goes out to this poor boy & his family & friends. I hope he makes a full & speedy recovery. I also hope that the evil scum who did this are arrested soon.

Does anyone know how he's doing?

Or does anyone know if the scum that did this have been found?

he looks like a nice kid.

up until a year ago i thought this area was fairly safe, then one of the drivers at my depot told me how he had a knife pulled on him when he was driving on the rurals(bus service), luckily that time he managed to grab the lads head somehow and hit it against the steering wheel, otherwise he could of been knifed.

i hope the lad in this instance makes a full recovery, it's such a shame things like this happen these days, makes you wonder how safe we are just walking the streets. i just hope when the culprits are caught they aren't given a lenient sentence, they need locking up for a very long time. also i hope the lady who found him is ok, must of been very shocking to find the lad like that

up until a year ago i thought this area was fairly safe, then one of the drivers at my depot told me how he had a knife pulled on him when he was driving on the rurals(bus service), luckily that time he managed to grab the lads head somehow and hit it against the steering wheel, otherwise he could of been knifed.

i hope the lad in this instance makes a full recovery, it's such a shame things like this happen these days, makes you wonder how safe we are just walking the streets. i just hope when the culprits are caught they aren't given a lenient sentence, they need locking up for a very long time. also i hope the lady who found him is ok, must of been very shocking to find the lad like that

The way I see it, no area is safe anymore. It doesn't matter where you live, everywhere has its fair share of crime and while ever the punishment doesn't fit the crime, it will carry on. There is no deterrent whatsoever

Any news on how Luke is?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Messages-of-support-for-man.6364290.jp

We live in the Stannington area are everyone is shocked and saddened by what has happened.

I don't know Luke but our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

I hope the SCUM that did this to you get their comeuppance sooner rather than later......

Get well soon kiddo!!!!

Edited by WOOFY
Text

Just to let everyone know who asked Luke is awake, he's trying to talk and waving his arms about like a mad man. He had his operation on his Upper and lower jaw and his palette, everything seems so much better. So glad things have turned out this way, could have been so much different. The support Luke's had has been amazing, the facebook group someone set up already has nearly 500 members.

Just to let everyone know who asked Luke is awake, he's trying to talk and waving his arms about like a mad man. He had his operation on his Upper and lower jaw and his palette, everything seems so much better. So glad things have turned out this way, could have been so much different. The support Luke's had has been amazing, the facebook group someone set up already has nearly 500 members.

Really glad to hear that. I don't know Luke but felt sick about what had happened. Hope the attackers get what they deserve and hope Luke makes a full recovery.

Really glad to hear that. I don't know Luke but felt sick about what had happened. Hope the attackers get what they deserve and hope Luke makes a full recovery.

That's fantastic news, so glad he is on the mend. This must be such a relief for his parents who will have been at his bedside 24/7 praying for a miracle and I'm so glad they got one as he never deserved what happened to him.

Thanks for the update and our best wishes go out to all involved in helping Luke on the road back to recovery, he sounds like he has some great friends and family around him.