Anyone know what happened at the Anvil, Stannington Road?

That is absolutely heartbreaking to read and quite frankly astonishing.

I feel sick reading it.

My prayers go out to the lad and his family.

They need catching these cowards who have done this, somebody must know who they are,come on turn them in! Prayers to the family

ergh these people disgust me i dont understand why they do it even if they have a grudge against somone, in end they could destroy a family because of their sick monster like behaviour.

I really hope he pulls through and you catch the vermin that did this. My thoughts to him and his family x

I wonder why there is nothing on The Star's website?

A number of posts have been removed. There has been a serious attack on somebody who is now fighting for their life so please show a little respect .

Obviously I didn't look hard enough.

Whoever has done this needs shooting at sundown.

A number of posts have been removed. There has been a serious attack on somebody who is now fighting for their life so please show a little respect .

Thanks Mort, some people are awful these days, I think if they could see his facebook page they would realise. x

please send him best wishes, hope he recovers soon

is there a facebook page to leave messages

Can't believe this could happen 1 minute away from our front door.

Hope the scum are caught and made to pay for such a horrible crime.

Best wishes to Luke and a hope he makes a speedy recovery.

seriously hope Luke makes a full recovery, innocent person. Hope that he is able to get better and name is attackers and they are charged with attempted murder, someone knows who did this and must name them to the police, disgusting, anyone seeing any kind of violence or threat of violence out there window, in the street etc, must call the police right away, this behaviour cannot be tolerated, This guy should not have got beat up, the thugs need putting away for a very long time.

our thoughts go out to you and your family 'pikeyface' from all ur mates all thinkin about you hope you make a speedy recovery