:warning: "anti spyware" fake

hi, if you have antispyware. try and get rid of it.

i have been told it's fake.

There are many legitimate antispyware programs.

There are also fake antispyware programs (or antivirus, antimalware), installed by trojans and otherwise known as "rogue security" or "scareware" - so called because they try to scare you into purchasing them, as they run fake scans and find viruses, trojans etc that just aren't there (the only one that is there is them themselves).

http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/rogue.aspx

If some one told you to jump under a bus would you?

As Waddler said there are plenty of legit antispyware progs (AdAware SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes ect) a lot more than fake ones if your Firewall and virus checker are up to date and working you should have no probs

My first computer was a spectrum then Comodore, BBC, Atari then I built my first PC and I have never had a Virus or Spyware

My daughter of 13 was conned by spyware.

She said it looked like a legitimate program saying we had a virus (even tho I have 2 antivirus programs, AdAware, and CC cleaner)

After looking into a removal tool, the best result was to start up in safemode, and to do a system restore.

Have these knobheads that create this have nothing better to do??

My daughter of 13 was conned by spyware.

She said it looked like a legitimate program saying we had a virus (even tho I have 2 antivirus programs, AdAware, and CC cleaner).

You shouldn't run 2 anti-virus programs (See here), it'll likely leave you less protected & CCleaner offers you no protection at all - it's simply a temporary file cleaner.

After looking into a removal tool, the best result was to start up in safemode, and to do a system restore.
This won't work in all cases. A lot of malware disables safe mode and/or system Restore.

Have these knobheads that create this have nothing better to do??
It's big business, unfortunately.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8313678.stm

yeah you shoudlnt run 2 anti virus programs they sort of fight against eachother and then just dont work..

i just use avg

Just to point out the OP states his 2 antivirus programs are AdAware and CC cleaner - hope he meant CCleaner or the latter is somehow fake! - so clearly he does not have 2 antivirus programs. You should however have more than one Anti-Spyware program as the engines work differently - however some malware/spyware removal tools use the AdAware engine so you cannot use these if you hav AdAware installed - choose Malwarebytes or Super Anti-Spyware - Also AdAware is not even listed in the latest Security Ratings!

swarfendor43

Just to point out the OP states his 2 antivirus programs are AdAware and CC cleaner.

Hmmm... I read that to mean 2 AV's PLUS AdAware and CCleaner. Maybe they can confirm.

You should however have more than one Anti-Spyware program as the engines work differently
Not in realtime/on-access. There is potential for conflict. Whilst they might chug along quite happily on an uninfected system the problem arises when an infection rears it's head. Both will compete to deal with the situation. It is however ok to have more than one installed to run in an on-demand capacity.

Both Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware's (paid for) realtime/on-access works along side an AV's realtime/on-access by giving the AV "first bite of the cherry" so to speak. If a malicious process tries to run, they'll first wait to see if the AV deals with it - If it doesn't, then that is where they'll attempt to stop it.

Either one of both are ok to run alongside an AV in a realtime/on-access capacity. Of course, using both of the free versions in an on-demand capacity only is perfectly fine.

Also AdAware is not even listed in the latest Security Ratings!
They're all firewall test's. Either standalone firewalls or firewalls within an "all-in-one" suite (AV/AS/Firewall/System monitor/whistles/bells etc).

Adaware doesn't include a firewall so won't be part of those tests.

:)