Are there ANY decent chip shops in the city centre?

Cause I havn't found one yet. All rubbish! :help:

Devonshire Chippy is good - miserable staff but lovely chips, surprisingly. It's a few doors down from the Old House in case you don't know it :-)

I only know the one on Flat Street - chips tasted great when coming back from the swimming baths that used to be where the bus station is now.

Devonshire Chippy is good - miserable staff but lovely chips, surprisingly. It's a few doors down from the Old House in case you don't know it :-)

seconded...........:thumbsup:

been there at least 25yrs min that chip ole

I think it's awful, but it does serve a purpose after 6 pints of Jaipur on a Saturday night. :D

My Grandparents used to own a Fish and Chip shop on Ecclesall Road, but that was many moons ago (probably 40 years).

Regards

Doom

Quite simply, No.

Two Steps is where it's at if you want a satisfying Fish N Chip experience. Devonshire chippy - I would believe if I was told - is in fact a second hand chip shop.

Where is this Two Steps place. I am prepared to drive to get a decent chippy

Cheers

John

Two steps is opposite Roneys butchers on Sharrowvale Rd, Just down from the harley and rileys snooker hall, just off ecclesall rd. There's also a green steps on hickmot road just rd the corner, which is greener, and more ethical, and has gluten free batter. Two steps for taste. Though green steps is still good!

Nice one. Cheers Mate!

agree.. devonshire chippy is great :)

agree.. devonshire chippy is great :)

dev chippy has to be one of the worst in the whole of the uk, i wont even eat there when im drunk, thats how bad i think it is!