Semi intimate piercing

Can anyone shed any light on the recommendation of 12 months abstinence from saliva?

I think that once it's healed then it's healed, but as I said above, it's completely individual as to how long it takes for healing. Once it's healed then I can't see a problem and I didn't have any problems with saliva.

An unplanned nip against the jewellery, on the other hand...

Actually, cancel that, the worst pain was from catching one ring on my watch strap whilst in the shower.

My wife got both hers done at the same time, and they healed in less than two months; trick is to keep them clean and avoid any.. erm.. 'manhandling'. The 12 months to heal thing seems like a huge over estimate unless you keep catching them to the point they don't get a chance to heal. (I have a helix piercing that took almost a year to heal for that very reason).

For what it's worth, she said her bellybutton was more painful, but childbirth was worse, so..

This is the second time she's had them done; she took the old ones out when she fell pegnant seven years ago.

Make sure they pierce them with a bar, not a hoop. Hoops migrate as they heal and can get dangerously close to the surface of the skin.

This time she had them done at the Blue Banana in Doncaster as she happened to have the idea whilst shopping (like you do) and she was really pleased as BB can sometimes be a bit hit and miss. I've had things done in Thou Art and they've always been good, but not had anything else done since Kate left so don't know what her replacement is like as yet.

I think that once it's healed then it's healed, but as I said above, it's completely individual as to how long it takes for healing. Once it's healed then I can't see a problem and I didn't have any problems with saliva.

An unplanned nip against the jewellery, on the other hand...

Actually, cancel that, the worst pain was from catching one ring on my watch strap whilst in the shower.

You as well. I definitely think the shower is the most dangerous place for a nipple piercing.

If she's still there, then I'd recommend Jayne at Feline on Hickmott Road. Female, very knowledgeable and professional and came recommended to me by a load of people.

I had both mine done twice at Feline.... Jayne is really good and I never had any problems either time....

First time I had one done then the other a few weeks later...

Second time I had both done on the same day...

....i think i preferred the second time because it was over and done with as it does ache a little after.

Have never heard about the no saliava thing.... not for that period of time!

Amongst the least painful piercings i've had i think... ears hurt more im sure

:o I'm surprised, I've got three navel piercings and they hardly hurt at all (got them done one-at-a-time too incidentally) but the nipple was sooooo painful!

Hi all

I am wanting to have my nipple(s) pierced, can anyone recommend a piercing studio in Sheffield and can anyone share experiences/advice re this?

Thou Art on Chapel walk, I won't go anywhere else. VERY clean, VERY high standards of hygiene, friendly staff.

I've been there for everything. Can't speak of it more highly.

:o I'm surprised, I've got three navel piercings and they hardly hurt at all (got them done one-at-a-time too incidentally) but the nipple was sooooo painful!

ears were done with a gun though... the 3rd one was painful!

how'd you get 3 navel ones in? I've got two and looking for my next piercing but not sure where to put it! lol.

I didn't think surface peircing was too bad either though so maybe i'm just wierd!

I've got one on top in the 'normal' place then two on the bottom, either side at an angle, so all together it's like a triangle.... if that makes sense!

oh well.. wish i had thought about that when i had the second one done then!

It seems like an awfully painful experience I hope its all worth it, other than the visual effect is there anything to be gained, is sensitivity in that area heightened?

If by sensitivity you mean it hurts massive amounts when caught on something.... yeah!