The old Ritz bingo place on Wordsworth Avenue - what's happening to it?

thanks old cossack that is what i mean and 4x4club i never said it was perfect i did say it had holes but they are not as bad as u make out and the the fire did not do as much daeage as people think when i first started to think about what it must be like inside i was like u thinking big holes it the roof hardly any floor and i thourgh this because it had been set on fire about 3 or 4 times but when i saw the pics i knew i had to take a look and see it they was real and they are there is only a few holes in the roof and a few burned out chairs in the main room but even more surprising that the wooden bar and stage is still in tack and then i expected more damage in the uper levels but no it is still carpited yes there is piant that has blistered off on the carpit i even stood of the balcony so i know that it is oviusly stable

thanks old cossack that is what i mean and 4x4club i never said it was perfect i did say it had holes but they are not as bad as u make out and the the fire did not do as much daeage as people think when i first started to think about what it must be like inside i was like u thinking big holes it the roof hardly any floor and i thourgh this because it had been set on fire about 3 or 4 times but when i saw the pics i knew i had to take a look and see it they was real and they are there is only a few holes in the roof and a few burned out chairs in the main room but even more surprising that the wooden bar and stage is still in tack and then i expected more damage in the uper levels but no it is still carpited yes there is piant that has blistered off on the carpit i even stood of the balcony so i know that it is oviusly stable

ive been inside as im a member of 28 days later and ive seen how bad it is and its a danger to any one who go,s inside it i admit its not falling down but its not safe in any way

Edited by 4x4club

ive been inside as im a member of 28 days later and ive seen how bad it is and its a danger to any one who go,s inside it i admit its not falling down but its not safe in any way

the ritz is at present a mess but a new use could be found for it like for example a supermarket, pub or for a local space while retaining its features. remember if the building is pulled down its gone for good and could be replaced with a anywhere building then people would bemoan its loss. the building would make a good project that would bring in money and jobs during its restroration and after givening work to the locals also given the area a landmark which in turn might draw in more investment and jobs. nodoubt many saw the lyceum as a eye sore when it was derelict but look at it now it brings in money and work all because it was given a second chance. sheffield all ready lost many fine buildings over the years dont let this become another only to be enjoyed in photographs.

and who is going to found all this you ??? the place as been in this state for years now and i dont see any one puting up the cash to sort it out yes it ed be nice to see the place sorted out but as i say who is going to pay to do so as it don,t look like the owner plans on doing it so as it stands its a danger to the public as the place it not going to get any better on its own

and who is going to found all this you ??? the place as been in this state for years now and i dont see any one puting up the cash to sort it out yes it ed be nice to see the place sorted out but as i say who is going to pay to do so as it don,t look like the owner plans on doing it so as it stands its a danger to the public as the place it not going to get any better on its own

in an ideal world i would buy it off the owner and restore it along with many derelicts around sheffield. but im not a millionaire and never will be. my post was about possable ideas for the ritz and uses. like many buildings in sheffield in the same state like the old town hall, post office, queens hotel and market tavern i doubt now anyone will be buying any of them soon that time has gone and sheffield council will find itself a real problem as many buildings in sheffield will be become a harzard to the public.the council could enforce the owner to do the repairs but rareley happens.

I speak to the community support workers who have been going to the meetings about the Ritz with the local councillors. The owner had so long to do something with the building then after that time the. Council can put in a order to do something with it. It's going to cost 40 grand to pull it down then they will bill the owner if and when he decides to do something with the land. I for one and I'm sure many more residents around here cant wait for it to be pulled down roll on end of October

in an ideal world i would buy it off the owner and restore it along with many derelicts around sheffield. but im not a millionaire and never will be. my post was about possable ideas for the ritz and uses. like many buildings in sheffield in the same state like the old town hall, post office, queens hotel and market tavern i doubt now anyone will be buying any of them soon that time has gone and sheffield council will find itself a real problem as many buildings in sheffield will be become a harzard to the public.the council could enforce the owner to do the repairs but rareley happens.

May I surgest the council spends the money that they. Wold use to knock it down on fixing it and it is not a damger I my self think just as a idear that with corect lighting in there it would be a good small airsoft site the roof is the main problem though and I feel is would need fixing that is for sure but doing that would cost less then knocking down the hole thing and I would buy it if I had the money but I don't I just thing it would be ashame to see some thing that was build 75 years ago to come through ww2 and everything to then be kncked down because it has a few holes in the roof

I speak to the community support workers who have been going to the meetings about the Ritz with the local councillors. The owner had so long to do something with the building then after that time the. Council can put in a order to do something with it. It's going to cost 40 grand to pull it down then they will bill the owner if and when he decides to do something with the land. I for one and I'm sure many more residents around here cant wait for it to be pulled down roll on end of October

For 40 grand it could be fixed up and then it would be safe look I know I may only be 16 and not meny people will listen to me but it really does not have to go and there for I will do every thing I cam to save it thai is why my user name is what it is I named my self the ritz saver because I am trying to save the ritz

If I may make a reference is call of duty I think it looks like the black ops zombie cinema map and also that it is very historic it should be restored to safety standerds but everyone just says knock it down. why money knocking it down ? Just fix it

They are trying to build the area back up and that building sitting there derelict isn't helping. It's full of needles down the side and back its used as a dumping ground you get idiots knocking around there on a regular basis getting drunk and causing trouble drug users regularly go down there doing god know what I for 1 would pay more than 40 grand to see the building knocked down if I had it. Yeah it's been there along time and a lot of good memories for a lot of people some of my family included but all it is now is a old rat infested derelict building

They are trying to build the area back up and that building sitting there derelict isn't helping. It's full of needles down the side and back its used as a dumping ground you get idiots knocking around there on a regular basis getting drunk and causing trouble drug users regularly go down there doing god know what I for 1 would pay more than 40 grand to see the building knocked down if I had it. Yeah it's been there along time and a lot of good memories for a lot of people some of my family included but all it is now is a old rat infested derelict building

I actualy live at the back of there and I can tell u there is no nedals aroud there these days 2 years ago I would have agreed with u but I reguly patrol the area and over the past few months there has beed not drugs or people drinking round there it is not rat infested and there has been no trouble since I started doing reguler patrols because they know they will get seen and I used to help the police catch them that is why they don't come back when they see me I am kind of like some sort of sercurity for the building security the police don't have the time or man power to keep sending if I see something I call it in.

Edited by ritz saver22