The old Ritz bingo place on Wordsworth Avenue - what's happening to it?

i hope it is one of those things where they say they are knocking it down but they never do but the last a heard was from 2 people round the back of the ritz the other day saying they was looking at how they would take it down i dont know if there is any truth in it but they said by the end of this mounth it could be gone for good like i said i hope not it would b ashame to see it go and just a epmty space where it used to b

The Ritz has to be down by Christmas, and thats official

No it's not the mosque isn't going up till 2014

Well the work has started and it will all be down and cleared by February so happy it's a rights mess :-)

Its been a blot on the landscape for to long. Glad when it is no more.

Well the work has started and it will all be down and cleared by February so happy it's a rights mess :-)

How do u know it will be cleared by February ?

So what's it going to be then? A mosque has been on the cards for years now, but think that is just a rumour. Heard also another rumour that Sainsbury's are going to build a local on there instead of the supermarket at Fletchers. Because of one going to be built in Stocksbridge. But again all rumors.

The old Ritz is being demolished by the owner following pressure and notices served by the council. Completion is earmarked for around the end of February. As far as I know, nothing has been submitted to the council for mosques, supermarkets, deep space launch pads or anything. The owner has said previously that he would like to build apartments on the site, similar to the scheme previously approved by the council.

So what's it going to be then? A mosque has been on the cards for years now, but think that is just a rumour. Heard also another rumour that Sainsbury's are going to build a local on there instead of the supermarket at Fletchers. Because of one going to be built in Stocksbridge. But again all rumors.

It suppose to be a new Tesco at Stocksbridge not Sainsbury's.

been past old ritz bingo today and had to look twice, half of its gone, does anyone know whats happening with the land when the bingo has been demolished ????

No it's not the mosque isn't going up till 2014

Because its on the t'cross isn't it a Mozq init ?

Also it may take longer than expected to erect the temple of doom as the workmen keep downing tool, putting them down and someone's running off with'em !