The old Ritz bingo place on Wordsworth Avenue - what's happening to it?

How meny times even with the amount of fires there has been it has not damaged the structur

i see two debates here one for the building to be restored and the other for it to go. right say the ritz is pulled down leaving derelict land like the former magnet pub site which no wants to anything with thats an eyesore on the area. two restore it give the area a landmark building that could bring in investment into the area granted no wants to have a derelict in there area but what if that derelict could bring in money and jobs for the locals yes i understand there are issuies about this building but its not the buildings fault. if the building brought back into use all these problems would be resloved as people would be about. perhaps its time for the ritz to under go listing assesment to see if its worth saving or not. its easy to dam a derelict building but we may end up regerting its loss just look at old photos and see whats been lost which now we regert.

How meny times even with the amount of fires there has been it has not damaged the structur

think you better go inside and take a better look mate there is no way you are going to sort the ritz out for 40k you have a big hole in the roof so all the roof will need to be replaced the top leval is not safe to walk on this place is a death trap and i say take it down before some child go,s in there and gets killed after all kids will be kids and im sure there have been and will be a few go play inside it :rant:

When I say reports I don't mean it wrote down on paper I get verbal weekly reports from community support workers and local councillors. I'm glad someone else is on my side it needs to come down

i see two debates here one for the building to be restored and the other for it to go. right say the ritz is pulled down leaving derelict land like the former magnet pub site which no wants to anything with thats an eyesore on the area. two restore it give the area a landmark building that could bring in investment into the area granted no wants to have a derelict in there area but what if that derelict could bring in money and jobs for the locals yes i understand there are issuies about this building but its not the buildings fault. if the building brought back into use all these problems would be resloved as people would be about. perhaps its time for the ritz to under go listing assesment to see if its worth saving or not. its easy to dam a derelict building but we may end up regerting its loss just look at old photos and see whats been lost which now we regert.

How much investment has it brought in the last 10 year's it's been derelict. On the other hand how much of the tax payers money has it cost each week to bring in the police to remove the trouble causes druggies and alcoholics.

How much investment has it brought in the last 10 year's it's been derelict. On the other hand how much of the tax payers money has it cost each week to bring in the police to remove the trouble causes druggies and alcoholics.

My Bold=

The trouble causing people need sorting out instead of demolishing the building because once it's gone it's gone for good.

What good is the building doing sat there really? The bloke who owns it won't do anything with it cause it will cost to much to knock it down then rebuild something else there.

The police could be called to anywhere for druggies and alkos. It dosent matter where it is, so its hardly fair to say that the Ritz should be demolished, just because of that. It seems that a lot of people have just got it in for the old ritz, obviously because of its current state. However, that cannot erase the memories of thousands of Sheffield folk who have used the old place in the past and im sure if an investor could be found, something could be done with the place. Look at Hillards, derelict for years and now one of the most thriving shops in Sheffield, in its current Joblot form. You can never write-off a building just because you dont like it. For every person that dosent like it, there will be two who do, so please try to be sympathetic to the people of Sheffield that have fond memories of the old Ritz, because its one of the last, and couldnt really be replaced in our lifetime.

i drive past it most days going to work and wished someone would do something with it. i'm all for saving old buildings and i'd love someone to come along and do something with it to keep it there for years to come but it isn't going to happen. i'm afraid if it's a choice between staying derelict or knocking it down then i'm on the knocking it down side.

think you better go inside and take a better look mate there is no way you are going to sort the ritz out for 40k you have a big hole in the roof so all the roof will need to be replaced the top leval is not safe to walk on this place is a death trap and i say take it down before some child go,s in there and gets killed after all kids will be kids and im sure there have been and will be a few go play inside it :rant:

I happen to know the uper level is safe and ok the roof needs replacing I never said it did not but do we really need to know it down cus of it is is a old historic cinema where lots of locals will at some point have been it it is a landmark for giving directions u always say to most people do u know where the ritz bingo hall is and most of the time they do even if they don't know road names and if it was fixed up I recon some one would be interested in doing something woth it it is better then destroying it and with it its history wouldn't u think?

What good is the building doing sat there really? The bloke who owns it won't do anything with it cause it will cost to much to knock it down then rebuild something else there.

Alot of building projects have been postponed all over the place due to the current economic situation and it's not the owners fault that the area has scrotes who end up vandalising the place.

The house on the right hand side of the building has a fence running down the ritz side of it and a bit back it looked like that had also been vandalised but now seems to have been repaired, should this householder take his fence down because it keeps getting vandalised?

I understand why you see demolishing it as the way but lets not forget someone has invested a lot of money buying it and than some scrotes rob and burn it.

CPO, flatten it, then build a small housing estate or apartments on the land.

Sorted!

Afterall what good would that building be for anything?

I happen to know the uper level is safe and ok the roof needs replacing I never said it did not but do we really need to know it down cus of it is is a old historic cinema where lots of locals will at some point have been it it is a landmark for giving directions u always say to most people do u know where the ritz bingo hall is and most of the time they do even if they don't know road names and if it was fixed up I recon some one would be interested in doing something woth it it is better then destroying it and with it its history wouldn't u think?

so your saying it needs to stay to help you give directions pmsl buy a bloody satnav and no the upper leval is not safe ive been in there to take photo,s its burned and all the rain from the hole in the roof as done it no good at all

so 1 its not safe 2 its a eye sore and 3 if you had kids i dont think you ed be saying its a safe place and how much is it costing to keep sealing the place up again after all the brake in,s bricking it up all the time