The old Ritz bingo place on Wordsworth Avenue - what's happening to it?

Looks like it needs a bit of work inside.............

Excellent link thank you, always wanted to see what it was like inside there!

Thanks for them pics mate :D

Wow, amazing to see inside. Actually you can still see the layout of the old Ritz. Amazing, I expected it to be just a black shell. It looks rather depressing, has I can remember some real good times in there. I have spoken to people whom remember it as the cinema. Thousands and thousands of people have enjoyed the atmoshere that this building had in its hey-day both as a cinema and a bingo hall.

Can you imagine the money that building generated in its hey-days, a sad sad reflection of changes. This cinema and bingo was a community focal place that provided both entertainment and jobs.

Has said, depressing images to veiw and also a sad reflection of today's society.

Edited by best sheff
spelling error, just for them whom'll say that i spell appropriate for area born in.

I think ther's a powder you can buy from Wilkisons for that...oooops. sorry wrong thread, should've posted to the 'Ant infestation' thread ..:D:D:D

Do they do one for Dec as well?

brill pics, go past there every day wondering wots inside, thanks .

I liked seeing all the pictures, I drive past that building every day, never thought about what's inside.

How long has it been shut?

What a shame nobody can do anything to it. Its a great old building and should be the heart of the community

Used to live about 6 doors away from it on Southey Green Road (White Horse side.) It used to be very popular in the 1970s. There used to be the pie and peas man, the oatcake man and a bloke selling yoyos and a bloke selling The Greenuns. used to look in through the emergency door where the tunnel was. Remember seeing lots of middleaged women in woolen coats and scarves and lots of smoke.

The Ritz was sold at auction on 21 January 2003 for £108,000.

Its really gets me mad when I see buildings like this just going rotten. I think that there should be a law on how long buildings are left empty.

Take a look on Langsett Rd , the old courthouse,BHS, and Fitzalalan Sq Pst Office are just a few to mention.

bet it was nice back in day always wondered wot it was like