Egypt reccomendations

we are off to the red sea next yr biginning of oct with my 7yr old 16yr old and 19yr old we cant wait we are staying in the sol y mar sea star middle of nowhere which suits me fine all inc :)

Or if you want to stay in that part of the world and not be pestered by kids/beggars and get the Pharoah's Revenge, try Eilat in Israel, at the top of the Gulf of Aqaba/Eilat. Just the same climate/beach/diving/desert stuff with a greater range of restaurants and coach/air trips around the Holy Land if that's your thing. As I recall, there's even a small amusement park. English spoken everywhere. November is a great time to go, not stupidly hot, no rain and the Israeli tourists are at work, so it's relatively quiet. Just the very rare ill-aimed rocket from the Sinai, which is less of a risk than the Muslin Brotherhood in Egypt.

i used to live in cairo

I think its love or hate.. personally i found it fantastic, some people look at the poverty and the dirt and that gets to them.. but then again you get that in most cities.. if your expecting dubai you will be dissapointed. but cairo has loads of character and loads history!!!

june-september is very very hot, spring and autumn are the best times to go to egypt for the temperature. The people are friendly, some stare but 99% of the time its just harmless curiosity at seeing a westerner in the area. Use your initiative, your in a muslim country, if your a woman your gonna get stared at if you wander around in flip flops, skimpy shorts and a vest. but if you wear less revealing stuff (its not as strict as some muslim countries) you should be fine. Dont eat street food, dont drink tap water, dont eat salads and fruit without a skin.

Take that into account, and you will have a fantastic time

Dahab is still the best place I've ever been for good snorkelling and coral right off the beach. You want be heading there when you go to Sinai, or even Nuweiba, not Sharm.

Dahab is still the best place I've ever been for good snorkelling and coral right off the beach. You want be heading there when you go to Sinai, or even Nuweiba, not Sharm.

lol there is coral all over sharm

hi we are wanting to go to egypt next oct but havent a clue where to take our then 18 , 14, and 3 year old ! anybody any ideas, all 3 would be happy being right next to the beach but what other things could we do? have seen a resort called akassia swiss resort anybody been there ?? thanks

if your 18 year old is a girl dont go to Egypt we took our 17 year old there last year, she like most 17 year olds like shorts and mini skirts nothing tarty, but she lived in leggings all holiday, wouldnt have minded so much if it had been young lads that gave her attention but when its men in there 40 & 50 whistling and shoulting at her dont know how i stopped my other from punshing some of them they were disgusting